Feederclub, which is better?

When you have the choice between a few commercial link feederclubs, do I have to pick the most expensive on or it doesn't make a difference. On anohter forum some guys say the you better can pick the cheapest one. Because it only depends one how succesfull you are.

When you have the choice between a few commercial link feederclubs, do I have to pick the most expensive on or it doesn't make a difference. On anohter forum some guys say the you better can pick the cheapest one. Because it only depends one how succesfull you are.

The cost of a feeder MIGHT be related to the size of potential revenues. Unfortunately, the lack of financial transparency means that it's difficult to tell. My general feeling is that the more expensive feeders do bring in more revenue. Having said that, it is always a good idea to reevaluate the link after a year or two. Canceling a feeder connection and looking for a new one will often result in you being offered the same connection at a discount rate.

In real life, if you have a player from that nation in your squad you go with them. Think Korea, Japan, that sort of thing. There's merchandising a-plenty if you have a national team player from one of the far-east nations. I think I read somewhere it works the same on FM.

You also boost revenue by playing a friendly or tour in the nation with your feeder club in it. I hear Japan, China and USA are good for income.

So it's not an automatic cash cow, I'm afraid.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

You also boost revenue by playing a friendly or tour in the nation with your feeder club in it. I hear Japan, China and USA are good for income. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't seen evidence of this in FM08, though it might have been the case in previous versions. But in FM08, it doesn't make any difference whatsoever whether my worldwide rep side tours Asia or USA or simply stays at home. Revenue remains the same.

Archived