Switching from PC to Mac help

So in a few days my brand new shiny macbook pro will be arriving and I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a few issues.

Firstly, I bought FM10 on Steam so I'm assuming (Hoping :p) that because I have it on my account already I can re-download FM on to my Mac. Is this true or will I have to repurchase?

Secondly, I'm in the middle of a really good save at the minute and wanting to carry it on for a long time till the next installment comes. Is there any possible way that I could move this save file on to the Mac via memory stick (or any other method)?

Thank you in advance. :D

• Administrators
So in a few days my brand new shiny macbook pro will be arriving and I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a few issues.

Firstly, I bought FM10 on Steam so I'm assuming (Hoping :p) that because I have it on my account already I can re-download FM on to my Mac. Is this true or will I have to repurchase?

Secondly, I'm in the middle of a really good save at the minute and wanting to carry it on for a long time till the next installment comes. Is there any possible way that I could move this save file on to the Mac via memory stick (or any other method)?

Thank you in advance. :D

Hi,

To answer your questions:

1) Having personally owned both the CD and Steam versions, I can assure you that Steam for Mac simply transfers FM over to your Steam for Mac - you can indeed redownload it, at no extra cost.

2) The save game files are cross-compatible, so with a memory stick/external hard drives you will be able to transfer your saves over and continue playing - Mac or PC.

Hope this helps.

Archived