Worldwide reputation signing for small club(player named)

I am playing as Crewe and have had some success with back to back promotions to the EPL, my first season despite a pretty weak squad I managed a very respectable 7th place finish. With a bank balance of £23 million I was given a budget of £32 million, for my first year I never splashed out but I spent a big fee of £15 million on a quality regen CM. So I went searching for some free players and noticed that Yoann Gourcuff of Bordeaux was on a month to month contract. I was surprised when he said he would join my Crewe side for 65k a week so I altered the transfer budget and have offered him the contract, so far there is only my offer, one from Sunderland who finished 16th last season, Schalke who are now a midtable team in the German league.

I am not complaining if I get him it will be fantastic, he has a worldwide reputation and I was thinking does anyone else find it a bit strange that he would want to come to a club who has just been promoted and had one season of top flight football in god knows how many years?

I also feel a bit strange as I have broken my self imposed weekly wage limit of 30k a week and nearly doubled it by trying to sign him. I will find out in an hour or so when I get home if I have got him. Just made me wonder has anyone else managed to sign a world class player to a pretty small club?

I am playing as Crewe and have had some success with back to back promotions to the EPL, my first season despite a pretty weak squad I managed a very respectable 7th place finish. With a bank balance of £23 million I was given a budget of £32 million, for my first year I never splashed out but I spent a big fee of £15 million on a quality regen CM. So I went searching for some free players and noticed that Yoann Gourcuff of Bordeaux was on a month to month contract. I was surprised when he said he would join my Crewe side for 65k a week so I altered the transfer budget and have offered him the contract, so far there is only my offer, one from Sunderland who finished 16th last season, Schalke who are now a midtable team in the German league.

I am not complaining if I get him it will be fantastic, he has a worldwide reputation and I was thinking does anyone else find it a bit strange that he would want to come to a club who has just been promoted and had one season of top flight football in god knows how many years?

I also feel a bit strange as I have broken my self imposed weekly wage limit of 30k a week and nearly doubled it by trying to sign him. I will find out in an hour or so when I get home if I have got him. Just made me wonder has anyone else managed to sign a world class player to a pretty small club?

I think it's super strange but hey, good for you ! I hope you are able to sign him. :p

It depends on your club reputation really. For the longest time, I was running around with National Reputation in the premier league and I have lots of issues signing players. So I just buy youth. Thankfully with my Manager's reputation at World Class, it seems that those kids are willing to come.

Archived