The FMHi Match engine

Question to the public: How pleased are you with the ME/tactical options?

Question to Marc V.: I read through a couple of your posts. You say it's based on CM3. It represents movements quite accurate while of course not resolving it as high as the current PC ME. In short, what is the potential for tactical options without a rewrite? Could we get something like the sideline shouting intructions? I find, if I want to alter things a bit during a match it takes quite a bit (e.g. changing from a defensive 4-3-3 to an attacking 4-2-4 trying to snatch a goal in the past 20 minutes of a match.

Is it possible with this ME to have us designing our own tactics from the ground up? The given formations are nice but they also must translate to kind of slider setting internally. Could those sliders made be accessible for us? I know, the PC game is trying to move beyond them and a similar wizard for FMHi would be appreciated but I don't know if that's a feasible thing to do rather than reveiling those sliders to manipulate a given formation (or creating a new one) a bit.

What are your plans?

Thanx

• SI Staff

Hi,

'Shouts' are an interesting idea and something I'll definitely mull over for the future.

It is indeed possible to let you design your own tactics eventually - to be honest the biggest challenge in that really is making it intuitive and easy to use for people, it'll happen at some stage I'm sure; but you'll have to be patient with me as I want to ensure as much as possible that things are done 'right' and that at times will mean moving things slowly towards a direction rather than rushing and ending up in the wrong neighborhood.

I agree that shifting between formations can feel a little 'unweildy' at times and thats definitely something I'll be looking into improving.

You can expect increased control over your team during matches in FMHi 2011 - but I'm not at liberty to give out full information about this at present (not least because I haven't implemented it yet and am not sure exactly how much will go into the initial version and what might evolve during updates).

Great statement and news Marc. You are easily becoming my fav. developer :D

This also confirms FMHi 2011. Awesome. Since I've been traveling a lot lately, FMHi has become the most cherished app on airplane and in hotel. Seeing such a dedicated brain behind it is great.

Great news that there will be a FMHi 2011. I used to be playing the PC version of FM (and CM back in the day) constanstly, but haven't been able to dedicate much time to it as much as I would like as real life always takes priority. However, since this came out it has been like a breath of fresh air. I can sit there happily on my iPad, playing away in a much more relaxed manner without needing to think about making 1,0001 decisions trying to get a result. The pick up and play aspect is what really has appealed to me, and now the poor PC version doesn't get a look in!

Archived