International Staff

I just became coach of Cameroon. In the press conference, I was alerted to the lack of staff. I've offered a dozen people staff jobs--Cameroonians, Europeans, good coaches, bad coaches, all across the board.

Everybody turns me down.

What is the secret to adding staff to the international back room group?

I have found this tricky at times too, especially for the physio and goalkeeping coach positions at smaller nations. You could try, 1 Place an advert for the positions. 2 offer the jobs to your club staff if you are managing a club as well. 3 offer to staff of the same nationality or neighbouring countries.

I think you should also be able to attract coaches based on your reputation as well. I am sure that if capello or mourinho or del bosque were to take the cameroon job, some top level coaches would join them.

There should also be more movement from a national team staff, though; if your national team is doing well, other clubs or countries should try to poach your assman, and it should actually happen. Once a coach gets a national team gig, though, he's pretty much got it until he's been fired (usually by you); that's not realistic. At the very least, whenever a manager gets sacked the backroom staff should turn over.

Archived