Bizarre and pointless stats screens. This is one!!

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg265/SussexHammer/?action=view&current=STATS.jpg

Take a look at the above link.

I was trawling through some screens I never really look at and came across this one. Thought it might be interesting and helpfull until I noticed that in some cases the "best" players were those who have probably only played two games. I mean if you keep 2 clean sheets in 3 games as a keeper does that really mean you are better than a keeper who has 19 clean sheets in 30. Mmm, I don't think so!!

And as for the laughable highlighted best player for headers. It's my goalkeeper who hasn't played one minute out on pitch!!!!!!!!!

Laziness on SI's part or are they having a little joke?! Please SI, (if serious programming), if you don't put these things in properly please don't put them in at all it's embarrassing!!

Hes come out to head the ball outside the area and think about it, its very rare for a goalie to lose a header as hes never really challenged that much.

as for the other stats, other sports have a minimum amount of games played to be considered to be leading in a stat. As for this, it doesnt really matter that much, theres a hundred things that need fixing before this.

I think we need to see more players - i.e. top 5 players, for example.

Kind of like the most successful Formula One driver is Lee Wallard (who?), who entered 2 Grands Prix and won 1, giving him a 50% win percentage (Fangio has 46.15%, Schumacher 35% and Senna 25.31% by comparison). Doesn't really tell the whole story but more detail would be good.

Archived