How do attribute points add up to create each player?

I have always wondered what goes into the creation of each player, attribute point wise, but have never seemed to find a proper answer.

Recently I've been wanting to create my own players, but I am unsure of how the attribute points given correlate to Potential and Current ability. I recently had someone tell me that flair is not a weighted attribute, so I guess this has no effect over all on the players CA and PA no matter how high, right?

So in short, I am wondering which attributes actually do add up to create each players CA and PA?

Also, when I am entering in a players attribute points, am I entering his current abillity or his potential abillity?

Thanks.

Hmmm, I may be wrong, but I have always thought that the players attribute points add up to create the players CA/PA and had been wondering which attributes actually contribute to his CA/PA.

They do with attributes weighted differently for each position.

For instance marking is heavily weighted for a DC but virtually free for a ST.

PS. If you're creating your own players, I would use an already created player as a template. ie. a Rooney or a Crouch would have the same position, but differing attributes - so decide what type of player you wish to create.

OKay, I am really confused.

So for instance, let's say a player has 15 dribbling and 15 crossing, I would have thought this is 30 points on his CA. I must be wrong, is there a file or something where I can see which attributes count as how many points?

I once tried to create Zidane on FM09, I gave him the attributes I thought fair, but when I created the game, the majority of his stats had dropped 1 point from what I had entered. I moved his PA/CA to 200/200 but still the attributes weren't showing up as I had entered.

Is there an article or something which can help me in creating players, as I am obviously too stupid to work it out for myself :(

You enter the CA/PA separately from the attributes. There are no calculations.

Plus, there are 36 or so different attributes.

If a player had 19 or 20 for each of those - he would end up with a CA of 700+ with your theory.

Like I mentioned earlier - use an already existing player as a template. Much easier than filling it all in yourself.

You enter the CA/PA separately from the attributes. There are no calculations.

Plus, there are 36 or so different attributes.

If a player had 19 or 20 for each of those - he would end up with a CA of 700+ with your theory.

Like I mentioned earlier - use an already existing player as a template. Much easier than filling it all in yourself.

Attributes carry weighting as I've explained up the page. I don't know the exact ratios but even the most heavily weighted may not be 1:1.

There was a table kicking around at one point for an older version showing the weightings for each position but I can't find it at present.

Attributes carry weighting as I've explained up the page. I don't know the exact ratios but even the most heavily weighted may not be 1:1.

There was a table kicking around at one point for an older version showing the weightings for each position but I can't find it at present.

I appreciate that point, I'm just disagree with the whole "15 + 15 = 30 CA" aspect.

And the fact that creating your own players generally ends in disappointment! :)

I remember seeing a screenshot taken of the research tools a very long time ago (about two years). I believe the "6" rating in that table is equivalent to about 0.52 points of CA, though the player in question was Maldini, so the weightings are a mix of full back and centre back.

Archived