+10 bids for same player all the same?

Hi all,

My star centre half wouldn't sign a contract so I got the jitters and threw him on offer to others at £1m with 25% sell on clause. My internal value for him was £850k.

I got 15 or so bids from teams such as Leeds, Derby to second teir teams in Spain but every single offer was for £525k.

I did it again and got 10 or so offers again for £525k and one from Notts County for a million.

Is this not a bit stange? All the offers were at the same time so it wasn't as if one team set the value with the first offer?

It is a bit odd but its definately easier than sifting through dozens of bids with varying values.... hate it when i offer i player out for say 10m and then 12 teams bid that much but one of them sneaks in a bid worth 5m and i accidently accept it before i realise what it was... because 9 times out of 10 my player will pick them and ill have to cancel the deal (annoying the player) and then put him back up for sale hoping that clubs are still going to pay 10m for him.

It is a bit odd but its definately easier than sifting through dozens of bids with varying values.... hate it when i offer i player out for say 10m and then 12 teams bid that much but one of them sneaks in a bid worth 5m and i accidently accept it before i realise what it was... because 9 times out of 10 my player will pick them and ill have to cancel the deal (annoying the player) and then put him back up for sale hoping that clubs are still going to pay 10m for him.

You should go through the "transfer centre" to accept and decline all your bids. It's easier to view them all first. Then use CNTL + mouse button to group the accepted ones, and refuse the rest.

Has there been any news items about possible bids ??

They can sometimes show you what value other clubs have assigned to your players when you have an inflated set-price to discourage bids.

eg

Player is 'valued' at 675k

You have player listed/offered for 1.7m, news item hints at offer chance of around 860k.

Archived