My debt seems stuck

Hi all, I've been managing West Ham for a few seasons and have managed to put £100m+ in the bank account

A couple of seasons ago my board decided to pay off a lump sum of my debt (I think it was £8m at once) leaving me with around £50m left as debt

Since then my info screen has not changed from saying I owe £50m in debt but in my expenditure section it says I am still paying back loans/interest etc

So my questions are, is my debt being stuck a bug and has anyone else had this happen?

Ta

Its not a bug its the way you are reading it.

You still have a £50m loan and it then says how much you are paying back weekly/monthly/annually plus when its due to end.

The £50m figure will only change when you make a lump sum payment to re-organise the debt or pay it off completely.

The current balance of the loan is not shown.

Its not a bug its the way you are reading it.

You still have a £50m loan and it then says how much you are paying back weekly/monthly/annually plus when its due to end.

The £50m figure will only change when you make a lump sum payment to re-organise the debt or pay it off completely.

The current balance of the loan is not shown.

It's seems a bit odd that it doesn't decrease annually in my opinion but thanks for clearing that up as I was worried about it too.

It shows the value of the loan taken without interests either.

If you just do a quick math and multiply the monthly rate with the number of rates left you should often find that it exceeds the given loan figure by far.

In the end the info is indeed a bit midleading as the most important bit, i.e. how much you have left to repay over which period is not highlighted in the way it should be. At least it's there as well ;)

Rather than the Finances screen check the club info screen, where it tells you the value of your club it will have the debt amount in brackets e.g. £100m (£50m loan debt)

This amount does go down - I am Man Utd in 2035 and my loan debt is £3.75m (check it out at game start!)

Rather than the Finances screen check the club info screen, where it tells you the value of your club it will have the debt amount in brackets e.g. £100m (£50m loan debt)

This amount does go down - I am Man Utd in 2035 and my loan debt is £3.75m (check it out at game start!)

This is the screen I am talking about, I THINK my debt at the start of the game was £80m but has been stuck at £50m for a couple of seasons now

Anyone got any ideas?

Archived