Skipping games FAST

This seems the only major problem for me. I don't have high-end machine that can simulate games fast etc., just simulating Second Qual EURO Cup round takes about 5-10 mins, can't SI just introduce something that lets us play the season much faster? Literally, what's the point of simulating all greyed-out teams games?

What was the date?

Chances are it wasn't just the qualifying round it was simulating. Given the length of time I would guess it was the start of the season and other things were being setup and adjusted.

Lol, that has nothing to do with my DB, it's just the way game goes. Why the **** do we have to have "full detail" in every competition we play? That's just stupid and I'd be very pleased if I can play league/continental games with "no detail". My PC can't quite handle all those full detail matches.

Lol, that has nothing to do with my DB, it's just the way game goes. Why the **** do we have to have "full detail" in every competition we play? That's just stupid and I'd be very pleased if I can play league/continental games with "no detail". My PC can't quite handle all those full detail matches.

The size of the database has everything to do with it as the more players there are the more calculations need to be done.

Also every competition is not in full detail unless you have set it that way.

If you haven't altered anything then I would expect the round to have been quicksimmed anyway which leads me back to my earlier point that it wasn't that round of games that was causing the long processing time.

It is round of games + my pc, but still, DB has absolutely nothing to do with games processing time, I'm 95% sure. Just saying, that we should be able to "sim" games like in EA Sports manager, not having wait for other games to finish etc.

It is round of games + my pc, but still, DB has absolutely nothing to do with games processing time, I'm 95% sure. Just saying, that we should be able to "sim" games like in EA Sports manager, not having wait for other games to finish etc.

The database size will obviously impact how fast games process in the same way it takes more time to send 10 letters out one-by-one than 1 letter.

DB has everything to do with processing time, sounds like you have too many leagues, and too many players loaded, try reducing both of these so the game can be played at a good speed on your system.

Also the competitions are all played in full detail because that is how you have set it up, change some of these.

Database size DOES effect processing time. As Cougar has already pointed out, it could be a date where one or more of your selected leagues reloads and newgens are created and allocated. The bigger your database and leagues selected, the more newgens you will get and also players retiring. More staff being made and so on.

Quads may have a point about EA's simulation methods though. For example, while you are looking through your squad checking their attributes, a processing thread in the background (useful with multiple cores of course) could simulate the next set of fixtures if the next "continue" simulates fixtures - but simply not reveal them until you do hit continue. So if you spend ages, say, looking through a player search for a player, by the time you hit "continue", it is almost instantaneous because the fixtures have been simulated in the background while you were reading.

I think this might be in place already mind, with the "threading" option, although I don't know if it's for fixtures.

I believe EA have multiple simulation methods too, where one is a very quick simulation but much more inaccurate.

I may be wrong, but I thought that if you select the "Slowest" option for processing fixtures then are they played out in the background whilst you are free to browse? Obviously if you press continue then the processing screen will come up but otherwise you could avoid that by taking a bit more time looking at players, league tables etc.

WTF are you talking about, sim speed is the same whether I play in competition where all players are greyed out, or in Premiership. I'm playing with 3 stars performance rating, you all bashing me for you being asses, I'm just saying that there should be quicker way to simulate games.

WTF are you talking about, sim speed is the same whether I play in competition where all players are greyed out, or in Premiership. I'm playing with 3 stars performance rating, you all bashing me for you being asses, I'm just saying that there should be quicker way to simulate games.

Fantastic, do you always abuse people when they don't tell you what you want to hear?

Stop sticking your head in the sand and make an effort to look into the options available to you.

FM - Detail level

You can then choose which competitions are ran in full detail and which are "quick-simmed"

You've also failed to tell us your database size, No of playable leagues running & No of background leagues running as has been requested.

I still stand by my early belief that the game was processing a start of season update in some leagues.

Get a grip mate - these people are trying to help you.

Everything usually has a tradeoff though. Simulating an inactive league is less accurate than simulating an active league. If you want any more speed you will likely need to make it even less accurate.

In some ways I agree - a holiday mode that jumps 50 years into the future very quickly would be nice - I wouldn't mind it being terribly inaccurate because it's 50 years in the future and a lot can change in 50 years (what's the definition of "inaccurate in 50 years", anyway?).

An analogy: I can make your car go faster, but you have to pay more money. Or I can make your car go faster, but it will be liable to explode because I've removed several safety features to compensate for it because you won't pay me more.

However, simulating an inactive league is quicker than simulating an active one. Slightly. If you don't simulate the Europa League, for example, you barely notice because there's a load of first-round matches that take a long time to simulate on a slower computer.

It's just amazing how many people have no clue what are they saying. I'm not asking for a help or anything. I'm just saying, that there should be an option to choose simulating ALL other games other than yours with no detail. I don't care about accuracy or whatever, sometimes it just doesn't let me enjoy the game :)

It's just amazing how many people have no clue what are they saying. I'm not asking for a help or anything. I'm just saying, that there should be an option to choose simulating ALL other games other than yours with no detail. I don't care about accuracy or whatever, sometimes it just doesn't let me enjoy the game :)

Regardless of your suggestion there have been a couple of posts made that provide information on how you MAY increase the processing speed. The number of leagues loaded DOES affect the game speed and it sounds like you have a fair number loaded. So rather than complain that there is no facilitiy to process only your own fixture in full detail, why don't you try some of the suggestions made to you. Failing that, load less leagues, and failing that, get a better machine.

I've already told you that my game performance (actual game) is 3 stars, so that's just not a problem. And all those British ***** can fuk, I'm not talking about processing time of ALL games, I'm talking about one single game. It takes way too long, even though on much better PC than mine, it still takes time, and compared to other managers there's no point for doing all those billions of calculation.

There's your problem for a start, the star system doesn't work, mine has 1/2 star and with 23 leagues loaded it flies through it, yet on the house PC it has 4 stars and struggles.

Nice bit of racism there too ;~)

There's your problem for a start, the star system doesn't work, mine has 1/2 star and with 23 leagues loaded it flies through it, yet on the house PC it has 4 stars and struggles.

Nice bit of racism there too ;~)

well, I'm usually playing only one league, my PC meets minimal requirement by good margin (or whatever), I don't think that all of you don't have to wait after continental/internation match day much longer than domestic championship.

And I meant English *****, cause I have British roots .

well, I'm usually playing only one league, my PC meets minimal requirement by good margin (or whatever), I don't think that all of you don't have to wait after continental/internation match day much longer than domestic championship.

And I meant English *****, cause I have British roots .

You'r an idiot.

I've already told you that my game performance (actual game) is 3 stars, so that's just not a problem. And all those British ***** can fuk, I'm not talking about processing time of ALL games, I'm talking about one single game. It takes way too long, even though on much better PC than mine, it still takes time, and compared to other managers there's no point for doing all those billions of calculation.

weirdly my game runs fine

35 nations 89 leagues large db with all players from brazil, argentina and france (thats over 85,000 players) my simulating times are acceptable

35 nations 89 leagues large db with all players from brazil, argentina and france (thats over 85,000 players) my simulating times are acceptable

Acceptable is relative though. I'm sure it'll be acceptable for me too, but there are a lot of people that are way less patient, it may not be acceptable for them.

Then surely Devine one, that's their problem? Whilst I get your point about acceptable being relative, there surely is a point where there is a universal accpetance? If you demand too much then your always going to find something to moan about?

As for the OP, I don't actually get his gripe now, he stated that DB size has nothing to do with processing time (which clearly it does), then starts abusing people people because he is not moaning about games speed, which he clearly is in the OP (using the Europe league qualifying as an example) but the speed of one single game (presumably one his team is playing in)

And I don't give a **** about some kinda nerd attacking me verbally.

First of all I'm not a nerd.

Secondly, that was not a verbal attack, or I would have said it. And I didn't do that did I? I typed it. Call it libel if you like.

But just to reiterate - you've had lots of positive and helpful posts. Now go away and try out some of the suggestions. Run along now.

Why don't you stop saying that the size of the Db doesn't matter and actually do a test, try a small Db, medium Db and large Db, see how the loading times change! There is no way of skipping, but if your machine really struggles then why not upgrade your ram or buy a newer pc.

Before you go off on one i am not going to critizise you. I have 11 leagues running on my game with a large db, and the game shows a half star estimated game speed, however it never take anymore than 15 - 20 seconds for the game to process. Could it be something interfearing with FM in the background rater than the game itself? Just a thought.

England4Ever

Archived