Tutoring Question

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but Im at work and havent got time to search.

I'm Newcastle, just been promoted to the Prem.

I have Shelvey, Lukaku and Tafer who I all want to be tutored. I go to player interaction and they are available to be tutored but the options coming up are people in my squad with poor/average mental stats.

So as it is possible for them to be tutored I go and sign Brian McBride and Bakayoko just to tutor the strikers (both determination 18+, good mental stats), and similarly Idan Tal to tutor Shelvey.

But when I go back to Player Interaction, these people aremt available to tutor? Why? They play in the same positions as the players I want them to tutor? Not havign them tutored will hinder their progress as wonderkids wont it?

Help!

The tutors need to have same or better squad status than the youngster being tutored. They also need to have a better Reputation. I think they need better CA too, though I am not 100% on that.

Thanks for the responses.

The "newcomers" idea might be true but I did sign another relatively unknown tutor but with good mental stats and he was able to tutor Verratti straightaway.

The best explanation I can think of will be the CA of the tutor being less than the youngster. Strange though that Rodwell can be tutored by Steven taylor but not by Patrick Viera who I signed on a free.

Thanks for the responses.

The "newcomers" idea might be true but I did sign another relatively unknown tutor but with good mental stats and he was able to tutor Verratti straightaway.

The best explanation I can think of will be the CA of the tutor being less than the youngster. Strange though that Rodwell can be tutored by Steven taylor but not by Patrick Viera who I signed on a free.

I just tested this, just to be sure.

It seems that CA doesn't matter, but Reputation does. I had the following players in my database:

Tutor Low CA: CA = 35, PA = 55, CurrRep = 45, HomeRep = 45, WorldRep = 1.
Tutor Low Rep: CA = 100, PA = 150, CurrRep = 5, HomeRep = 5, WorldRep = 1.
Ryan Robinson : CA = 50, PA = 70, CurrRep = 47, HomeRep = 47, WorldRep = 1.
Youngster, High Rep: CA = 80, PA = 110, CurrRep = 35, HomeRep = 25, WorldRep = 1.
Youngster High CA: CA = 80, PA = 150, CurrRep = 20, HomeRep = 20, WorldRep = 1.

The result was that:

Youngster High CA could not be tutored by Tutor Low Rep. (Tutor rep lower, but CA higher)

Youngster High CA could be tutored by Ryan Robinson (Robinson Rep higher, but CA lower)

Youngster High CA could be tutored by Tutor Low CA (Tutor rep. higher, but CA lower)

Youngster High CA could not be tutored by Tutor Low Rep. (Tutor rep lower, but CA higher)

Youngster High CA could be tutored by Ryan Robinson (Robinson Rep higher, but CA lower)

Youngster High CA could be tutored by Tutor Low CA (Tutor rep. higher, but CA lower)

So it seems that CA does not matter, but Reputation does.

Thanks for your help. So the only way you can find out if theres any point signing players for tutoring purposes is to use one of those Genie scout things (which I dont have?). Or is there a way fo finding out a players reputation score within the game?

Or is there a way fo finding out a players reputation score within the game?

Not the exact reputation value. But clicking on his profile screen will tell you whether he's local, national, continental, etc but that is not as accurate as using such things as Genie Scout.

Not the exact reputation value. But clicking on his profile screen will tell you whether he's local, national, continental, etc but that is not as accurate as using such things as Genie Scout.

Exactly. And since it is all about the actual numbers, you can't be certain whether a 'National' tutor has better rep. than a 'National' Youngster.

In most cases though, I think it is fair to say that if you have a 17-year old with 'Local' reputation, and an older player with 'Local' reputation, then the older guys reputation score will be higher. But of course if you buy an established 21-year old wonderkid, then that theory might well go out the window.

Archived