Can anyone give me some advice?

I have a problem with my central defenders and my defensive mid-fielder. 90% of the game they play very well to wonderful. But then they go and do this stupid play and probably every other game it causes me to give up a goal.

This play they do is the sideways waltz/skip towards a ball only 10 feet from them. They take so long to get there and the ball doesn't move the entire time, so a streaking striker will pick up the loose ball and get a shot off and 9 times out of 10 bang it in. I have two of the top defenders in the CCL1 currently, and my DM is currently a dutch international. Why is it they do this idiotic move, which always allows a shot and half the time a goal?

:mad:

I get that from time to time as well.

I suspect its more to do with the graphics than the ME.

Although it looks bad you can console yourself with the thought that the ME always calculated the striker getting to the ball first.

i have a theory for all those stupid, unrealistic mistakes of the game. My theory is that the game knows from before the outcome of the game in a way. So in order for it to be what it has to be a goal must be conceded, scored etc. So because the AI is not always clever, it finds sometimes a stupid way to do so.

i have a theory for all those stupid, unrealistic mistakes of the game. My theory is that the game knows from before the outcome of the game in a way. So in order for it to be what it has to be a goal must be conceded, scored etc. So because the AI is not always clever, it finds sometimes a stupid way to do so.

If Im going to give up a goal then I could live with that. I just wish it would be a less stupid looking way to achieve that. And if what you are thinking is true, that might explain why every Cup game and tourney I seem to get some of the hardest match ups. For example the fourth round draw of the FA cup sees me playing Tottenham (Im in CCL1) and I have to play at their house. I rarely get an easy cup game.

let me give you some examples , on why i think that the result is most of the times "predetermined". in the days i played fm01, 02 etc i used to replay some games that were too important to lose. for some reason oute of the 4 replays, 3 were with the same score! even in fm10 i did it once for experimenting and played the same game 10 times. i won 8 of them with one goal difference (1-0, 2-1, 3-2 etc) ! this can't be coincidental!

Archived