How involved do you get?

I tend to get bored quite easily so in a game i look for players but i dont look through the whole list i just look at players i know, players people have mentioned in the forums or people with cool names.

I was just wondering do any of you look through loads of players before signing them and set out specific attributes you want. Also i do not sort out training i just leave it as it is and tactics wise i just picked my philosophy i.e attacking and then opp instructions and thats all i do. I was just wondering how involved you guys get in the game and i always struggle at small clubs, so is it possible to be successful in this game without having to get real involved?

It depends on my mood. Generally I progress reasonably quickly though.

I sometimes create my own tactics but for one game I downloaded some tactics and training schedules. For my latest game I did my own.

In terms of signing players I just set up my scouts when I join the club to scout regions and underage tournaments. I check their reports maybe once every so often and pick out the players I think are suitable to me. I then ask my assistant manager to scout them. I skip press conferences now and let the assistant take care of opp instructions. I do team talks though.

I set my scouts to regions and sometimes give them certain requirements (such as 'age at most is 15' if I'm after youngsters). Then if any throw up decent looking players I scout them further. If i'm after a player for a certain position then I will look manually by setting various filters such as key attributes then scout any that look good. I try to avoid signing the same players in different games just to mix things up a bit.

I use my own tactics based on what players I have in the team and tinker them depending on who my opposition is. I downloaded some training schedules but changed which coach is in charge of what area to maximise the training. I usually manage smaller teams and I've generally always been successful using these methods.

I like to get involved as much as my time allows me. Isn't this one of the interview questions when you join a club?

I do all my own individual training schedules, do thorough scouting on transfer targets sending all of my scouts to see the same player, plan my tactics with incredible attention to detail, manage the youth teams, watch the full 90 mins of games, and generally everything else except make the half time pies.

Archived