2nd Season Stoke Champions! Crazy Achievements

I have just completed my greatest football manager achievement ever in winning the league with Stoke! :D Always hated playing against them with their anti-football style and general ability to injure my best players, so i decided to be them and change their philoyshy completely.

Spent a net £69M over the two years and brought in only players with high determination, work rate and team work. Really got a great team spirit going after coming 7th in my first season but never expected this to follow...

stokechamps.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The main thing that helped was teams at first gave me no respect and put out 2nd string players against me. Was beating the big teams early in the season because of this and also i didnt make europe so always had a fresh team.

Here is my 1st team

1stteam.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also got the FA Cup Final to look forward too :D

Have any of use had crazy out of the blue seasons where everything just turns out perfect?

I can tell from your signings that you know what you are doing.

£70m to buy a title is no HUGE achievement though is it? Lazio did it and no-one was impressed. I could turn any team into champions with an average of £7m to spend on each player.

Well done dude that's a great achievement, must be a good tactic as player for player your team is probably not as good as some of the others.

I won la liga on FM09 with Getafe and spent only £12 million, Barcelona and Real Madrid had a poor season losing 5 or 6 games. Everything clicked and went brilliantly, it was and still is my best achievement on FM.

I can tell from your signings that you know what you are doing.

£70m to buy a title is no HUGE achievement though is it? Lazio did it and no-one was impressed. I could turn any team into champions with an average of £7m to spend on each player.

Yeah its easy to say that but when your Stoke you cant just buy any1 you see fit to do the job. I had to buy from the SPL and Eastern Europe teams, there is no one with a big reputation in my team. Lazio bought world beaters, i bought in comparison sunday league superstars.

Great achievement...only thing I've done that comes close is coming 2nd first season with Napoli. Great work and good luck in the CL and retaining your crown and of course your FA Cup Final - make it the double!

Archived