Wats the point in giving player a fine!?!?!?!?

Uhm, well I fine players after vicious fouls often, it sometimes helps them control their temperament and it saves you a little bit of money.. and.. honestly makes discipline go up if you worry about that thing :p.

Your discipline goes up by doing this, not down. That is if you do it correctly. Fining them two weeks wages for getting 2 yellow cards in a match is probably over the top for example. You need to find the balance.

Depends how you do it. For example, if I've got a player who frequently gets sent off, I'll give him an official warning the first time, maybe second if it's been a while, then I'll fine him again if he gets sent off for a 3rd time in a season. You have to show you're fair but won't let things like that slide.

no it doesnt save u any money, if u actually look at it, u save no money on wages at all, and as for discipline, it goes down no matter wat u do, i had a rating of 20 and ive not changed anything and its now down to 3, i mean seriously, its ****!

no it doesnt save u any money, if u actually look at it, u save no money on wages at all, and as for discipline, it goes down no matter wat u do, i had a rating of 20 and ive not changed anything and its now down to 3, i mean seriously, its ****!

It does not go down no matter what you do. As I said if you discipline them correctly, you will gain their respect and they will be more discplined.

Regarding the money, in some cases in reality I think fines like this get donated to charity or are used for night out for players at the end of the season or something like that.

It does not go down no matter what you do. As I said if you discipline them correctly, you will gain their respect and they will be more discplined.

Regarding the money, in some cases in reality I think fines like this get donated to charity or are used for night out for players at the end of the season or something like that.

They're used to buy the missus flowers whenever she finds out about the latest bit on the side.

[sarcasm mode] It's clearly in the game to wind up us honest folks who fork out our hard earned on a game that clearly works. [sarcasm mode off].

In all honesty if you think this game isn't half decent why do you play it. It makes no sense.

It's the equivalent to me buying a Razorlight album, realising it's shi*e, and then spending my time on their fansite demanding that they start to write more songs in the key of Gm.

If you think it's a bug that the money doesn't come out of the weekly wage paid then why not report it in the bugs forum.

By the way most clubs (from what I've gathered) have a charity that if the players wages are fined the money goes to that. I remember seeing that in something where the Spurs players visited the charity their 'fine money' goes into. No idea if this translates into FM.

haha i like aresenalfan07 answer! genius, and jod 123, it doesn go down, trust me

Well in one of my games I am in 2018 and my squad discipline is 18. It never went down for me so why do you think your game works differently?

coz im in 2030, and in every other versio of fm ive played it goes down, no matter wat i do, no matter how hard ass i am it goes down lol and trust me, im hard ass haha :)

Well then you're probably giving out 2 week fines for every small thing going, and you're discipline would fall for that, naturally. You have to be careful sometimes with discipline, sometimes a sending off is unjustified, an absense is part of an underlying major breakdown and sometimes you're fining a player on a 7.45 season average for his first ever below 6 in 15 seasons.

coz im in 2030, and in every other versio of fm ive played it goes down, no matter wat i do, no matter how hard ass i am it goes down lol and trust me, im hard ass haha :)

Well there is your problem. "no matter how hard ass i am it goes down lol and trust me, im hard ass haha"

If you are too hard on the players it probably will go down.

I don't think I've fined a player as of yet (2014.) Warnings seem to have done enough on the rare occasion where I have a player sent off (I believe I've had the fewest total cards in each of the previous 4 seasons.) Players will usually see a decrease in their aggression rating after I warn them.

Fining players should really be a last resort thing and whenever you use it they should accept the fine. If they feel its harsh then you're probably overdoing it.

I only fine for not turning up to training (or match like one guy this season) and really nasty straight red cards. Otherwise its just a warning and they're fine with it, after all why would I fine someone for a professional foul if it saved me the match for example. Totally different situation to sliding in two footed, studs at knee height type thing.

Fining players should really be a last resort thing and whenever you use it they should accept the fine. If they feel its harsh then you're probably overdoing it.

I only fine for not turning up to training (or match like one guy this season) and really nasty straight red cards. Otherwise its just a warning and they're fine with it, after all why would I fine someone for a professional foul if it saved me the match for example. Totally different situation to sliding in two footed, studs at knee height type thing.

Same here. I only fine for not turning up for training or for violent behaviour. I give a warning for any other red cards unless I appeal them which I rarely do. Sometimes for a really bad performance I may warn or if it was awful altogether they may get a fine but it is extremely rare that happens.

Same here. I only fine for not turning up for training or for violent behaviour. I give a warning for any other red cards unless I appeal them which I rarely do. Sometimes for a really bad performance I may warn or if it was awful altogether they may get a fine but it is extremely rare that happens.

I've only had reason to fine two players so far in my career, both for sendings off. One player had 3 the previous season got sent off in Spanish Super Cup, got fined, complained, got sent of next game (Euro Super Cup), got sold. My other player got straight red vicious bad tackle (graphics need to be improved there I think, it looked like a collision), accepted the fine, barely yellow carded since.

I rarely let mental issues go to the stage where players turn up absent, but in those situations often a more balanced approach is needed, warnign followed by leave of absence or a loan to home country needed. If the player still can't adjust let him move home permanently.

I always give my players a sort of 3 strikes and your out system each season.

1 sending off = warning or no action if he didnt deserve it (ie. on a yellow and other player dived).

2 sending off's = fine 1 week.

3 sending off's = fine 2 weeks.

Never had to fine 2 weeks wages so far in 6 seasons.

The discipline attribute is completely irrelevant.

If you never fine your players the squad discipline will go down, i.e. it's more likely that players will complain publicly about anything, not show up for training or continue to get sent off. If you fine your players in a reasonable and stable way, then you will have less of such incidents.

Only for being sent off for two yellows I am unhappy with the game as even after the 4 red in one season a player would refuse to see a reason to be fined for that. That's a flaw in the game.

Fining a player can as well have very positive effects. It can help improve a hidden attribute, professionalism I think. Also, I regularly end up being a favourite of a player because (!) I just fined him.

So wats the point in giving a player a fine for anything, no matter wat u do, ur discipline goes down and u dont even get the money! so someone tell me wats the point, its just one of many **** ups with this game.

1) Why would you "get the money"? What a fine means is that you don't pay the player his wages for a week or two. Not that he gives you money. You just save on the money you would have otherwise been paying him.

2) How is it a "**** up" with the game? Clubs fine players in real life.

3) Like a fine in any walk of life, it is there as a deterrent and punishment.

So wats the point in giving a player a fine for anything, no matter wat u do, ur discipline goes down and u dont even get the money! so someone tell me wats the point, its just one of many **** ups with this game.

Given the theme of many of your posts recently, why do you even bother with the game, if there's so many things that annoy you?

I've plenty of time for constructive criticism or discussion over any genuine game-breaking issues, but nothing you seem happy to raise, is either of those things.

As for this topic, I see a wide variety of player reactions to fines and warnings, depending upon each individual players personality traits. Which is as it should be. These come in the form of news item responses, immediate raise or drop of certain player attributes, amongst other things.

Anyhow, if you're just posting drivel like this as some sort of a wind up, then don't waste yours and everyone else's time.

1. you can fine players ONLY after they have done something bad.

2. of course you save the money you fine them for.

3. it helps depending on the player's character

I don't believe you actually get the money back from player fines, no.

los che you said that even though you fine someone their discipline goes down...that does not seem very logical. Fines are meant to be punishments.

I am pretty sure that whenever your parents or teachers punished you, it didn't make you a less disciplined and more rowdy child.

listen, you fine them per week wage right? so you don't actually get something "back". you just don't pay them this amount (for example 1 week's money if you fine them for 1 week's money). i think this is obvious

The money that is fined does not go into your wage budget though. That was the point I was making.

los che you said that even though you fine someone their discipline goes down...that does not seem very logical. Fines are meant to be punishments.

I am pretty sure that whenever your parents or teachers punished you, it didn't make you a less disciplined and more rowdy child.

For some strange reason, I suspect otherwise... ;)

Can I have this translated into proper English please? Try it without swearing would be good too.

Archived