Tactics- what are they good for? Nothing! Documentable Proof that the Game is Unfair!

Warning: What you are about see will forever alter your perception of this game. Before you scroll on, decide whether or not you want this game ruined for you, because the evidence that will follow is shocking, heinous, and sickening. If you have the urge to vomit, please make it to the bathroom or your keyboard may smell for a bit, and you'll have to get it cleaned or something, and that will suck.

3519usj.jpg

29qbpti.jpg

28uimi9.jpg

n12ejn.jpg

This made me laugh. Obviously a wind up. What proof is there here? Your claim that this is undeniable proof is absurd.

If you want my advice it would be stop having so many long shots and invest in someone who can put the ball in the net. I'd also try to make more of the dominance of possession that Melilla have if that's you.

mate i agree with u, ur screen shots dont really show how bad it is, but i just lost a game 4-1 at home, im Celtic and i lost to Aberdeen, they only had 2 shots, so someone explain to me how the **** that happens, probably coz i cant field a team with all the ****ing injuries! i used to love this game, but its turned into a big pile of steaming dog ****!

Have you never been taught science?

Firstly, in order to prove a hypothesis, you need to only change one variable, the independent variable, and keep all other variables the same.

Secondly, once you have collected thoroughly reliable data by repeating exactly the same experiment many times, you must state why you think the result you are getting are the results you are getting, and attempt to prove the link by conducting another experiment.

Quite literally, reams of statistics that are barely related to each other do not "prove" anything. You have no control variables, except the team you are managing. This is not proof, and tactics are in no way integrated. That isn't a "denial", it is a statement of fact.

Have you never been taught science?

Firstly, in order to prove a hypothesis, you need to only change one variable, the independent variable, and keep all other variables the same.

Secondly, once you have collected thoroughly reliable data by repeating exactly the same experiment many times, you must state why you think the result you are getting are the results you are getting, and attempt to prove the link by conducting another experiment.

Quite literally, reams of statistics that are barely related to each other do not "prove" anything. You have no control variables, except the team you are managing. This is not proof, and tactics are in no way integrated. That isn't a "denial", it is a statement of fact.

OK Galileo, answer this:

If scientific method was a footballer, which one would it be?

Words are sometimes misconstrued. My level of English is somewhere between that of a dog (a Yorkshire Terrier to make it relevant for some of you) and Sylvester Stallone. I cannot possibly convey the true "essence" of my mission without distorting it, and that is unacceptable. Oh weary eyes, seek out your own meaning in what is presented before you, and it will all become clear.

(stupid American, who clearly doesn't understand the nuances of the beautiful game because of his feeble and languid American mind, complains that he doesn't win more despite always being the better team, then he becomes bitter about it because of his inherent American sense of exceptionalism and superiority, and gets mad when clever, amiable, and indeed eloquently charming chaps such as yourselves make fun of him)

OK Galileo, answer this:

Words are sometimes misconstrued. My level of English is somewhere between that of a dog (a Yorkshire Terrier to make it relevant for some of you) and Sylvester Stallone. I cannot possibly convey the true "essence" of my mission without distorting it, and that is unacceptable. Oh weary eyes, seek out your own meaning in what is presented before you, and it will all become clear.

(stupid American, who clearly doesn't understand the nuances of the beautiful game because of his feeble and languid American mind, complains that he doesn't win more despite always being the better team, then he becomes bitter about it because of his inherent American sense of exceptionalism and superiority, and gets mad when clever, amiable, and indeed eloquently charming chaps such as yourselves make fun of him)

That's all very interesting (not), so why don't you explain the purpose of this thread?

OK Galileo, answer this:

How bizarre. Your response hardly does you any favours. I don't think anyone even noticed you were American.

I hate threads like this so very very much :( .

Btw how did all those games get played on the same day ? am i missing something yeah ?

How astute. I went to the list of all the matches played (the results screen) and took screenshots. The in-game day for this was December 12. However, all 8 matches shown were played in September through December, meaning that approximately half (a disproportionate amount IMO) of the matches I played yielded an (once again IMO) unfair result.

Intelligent comments get (debatable) intelligent responses.

How astute. I went to the list of all the matches played (the results screen) and took screenshots. The in-game day for this was December 12. However, all 8 matches shown were played in September through December, meaning that approximately half (a disproportionate amount IMO) of the matches I played yielded an (once again IMO) unfair result.

Intelligent comments get (debatable) intelligent responses.

Why are they an unfair result?

Why are they an unfair result?

8 matches. 3 wins for Melilla, 4 draws, 1 loss

In every game, Melilla dominates possession and completes a higher % of passes. "But wait," cries the fanboy, "possession and passing alone do not win games, you CCC are key."

Total Melilla CCC: 30

Total AI CCC: 7

Total Melilla Goals: 13

Total AI goals: 9

If you look, you'll see that the AI has more goals than CCC. Curious.

Given the amount of CCC Melilla has generated, they should have scored more a few more goals, no?

Melilla goalkeeper- rated as 5* according to assman

Melilla strikers- rated as BBVA quality strikers (in Liga Adelante)

Clearly the caliber of players is not the issue.

It's your tactics!!!

No it really is! The most commonly used response on these boards, and for good reason. As others have said, if you're dominating yet not scoring you're doing something wrong. I would recommend an amazing tactical guide written by a few from this forum. It really changed my game around when I first found it a few years ago. Link below:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/61144-Tactical-Theorems-and-Frameworks-09

It's your tactics!!!

No it really is! The most commonly used response on these boards, and for good reason. As others have said, if you're dominating yet not scoring you're doing something wrong. I would recommend an amazing tactical guide written by a few from this forum. It really changed my game around when I first found it a few years ago. Link below:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/61144-Tactical-Theorems-and-Frameworks-09

Tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Not sure where to start but I will say you need to re-evaluate your approach to tactics, statistics & players.

I'll start with players as thats probably the easiest to explain.

Just because your AM/coaches rate your players as good doesn't mean they always are as they could be missing a key attribute. Are you playing them in a role that suits their attributes? and does that role fit into your overall team tactics?

Although you were statistically the better team overall you have to consider those in the right context. For instance a team that takes an early lead then defends it for the rest of the match will often look bad on the match stats and the first goal is key in many matches.

Taking a couple of your matches as examples:

Real Union 4-3 Melilla

You'll say you had more possession or shots so deserved to win but on closer inspection it was a much closer match. Nine of your 18 shots were from distance compared to just one from Real Union while they also had more shots on target but neither side deserved the amount they scored. Real clearly played a direct counter attacking style for much of the match as evidenced by their lower possession, lower pass completion and your lack of blocked shots in defence.

Girona 0-2 Melilla

Yes you dominated the match and won but this was more due to Girona being bad rather than you being good as shown by the average ratings of the teams. The standout statistic in the number of CCCs you created compared to shots but you only scored two which is only slightly below the average expected. Most likely cause is a lack of skill/morale/confidence in the players taking the CCCs although it could be tactical if they are being asked to rush the shots.

Tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Mate I've never heard of your team, who are they? I doubt they are any good? If they arn't then that's why, the quality of your players arne't good enough to beat the opposition goalkeeper...

Scott, I could be here for hours explaining what you can do to fix the team up but I will cut it down to just a few choice words ...

(1) get a better defence + GK

(2) Take off long shots, they are the killer and annoys alot of people so much.

(3) get better strikers who have a higher numerical figure for Finishing & Composure

shall I continue ?

I am not sure if this is relevant, but it seems that his side is very strong compared with other opponents, so it seems his opponents are playing a much more defensive approach. There fore he may get more chances, but they are not beating keeper.

Melilla goalkeeper- rated as 5* according to assman

Melilla strikers- rated as BBVA quality strikers (in Liga Adelante)

Clearly the caliber of players is not the issue.

The Assman rating of your player being 5* doesnt mean you have a GK rated as 5* for the league. I believe it is actually his ability compared to the other GK's in your team. So he may be a 5* GK in your team but an average or even poor Gk by the league standard as a whole.

Anyway back on topic how do these screenshots prove that tactics dont work??

i dont really agree to those saying it's his tactics or anthing to do with his players/club lacking in ability. From what i see, all of those things mentioned are good. The OP can stick with his tactics and make minor adjustments during the game itself.

Your players are players, they are suppose to be "humans". They have "feelings". Some games they can be more aggressive, confident, complacent, lazy and such. You have to conclude it yourself.

Observe the stats through out the games. Too many long shots? Too many blocked shots? Too many fouls? Etc...

Do not focus your attention to CCC, i've never believed in that. Instead, look at the shot on target because any shot on taget can result in a goal. Goals doesnt always have to come from a CCC. Your players can be too complacent or low moral thus failing to convert shot on taget.

Watch out as not to let your players take too much long shots in games. They will more likely to do so when the other team park the bus. Hence, lower mentality to make your players take better chance shots.

Too many fouls? Lower their tackling or closing down.

These are not all you can do. Observe and adjust during match.hope you can improve on what you dont like. Good luck.

Before you scroll on, decide whether or not you want this game ruined for you, because the evidence that will follow is shocking, heinous, and sickening. If you have the urge to vomit, please make it to the bathroom or your keyboard may smell for a bit, and you'll have to get it cleaned or something, and that will suck

Exaggerate much?

I though you cracked the code, and found that the match results are actually 2 randomly created numbers.

Hey scott you read too much into possession. Inter showed us this year that quantity is no where near as important as quality.

In the matches against Real Union, Salamanca, Valladolid, and Real Sociedad you did not dominate them at all. You should probably try to play more direct and get your players to work the ball into the box instead of just shooting from distance.

One more thing....I'm guessing your a lower league side....so your player suck. Your strikers are going to suck so try to get better ones. Be a little more patient.

Well, at least you did one thing right and warned people not to read this thread, i just wish i'd taken your advice. You say the game is unfair, well football can be unfair mate, and thats what makes it interesting. Your not the first person this has happened to in the game or real life for that matter and this is not 'documented' evidence

How bizarre. Your response hardly does you any favours. I don't think anyone even noticed you were American.

I had not either until you mentioned it, self-conscious much? There was definitely no evidence whatsoever from these screenshots. Invest in an better strike force and check out the Frameworks link. It's good.

"Warning: What you are about see will forever alter your perception of this game. Before you scroll on, decide whether or not you want this game ruined for you, because the evidence that will follow is shocking, heinous, and sickening. If you have the urge to vomit, please make it to the bathroom or your keyboard may smell for a bit, and you'll have to get it cleaned or something, and that will suck."

WOW! I'll tell you what, when I read that opening I thought "this is going to be a thread to read and keep track of, this could be he monster of all monster threads".

Instead you post a few screen shots of you losing some games.

That's the biggest disappointment of a thread I have ever seen. What a load of nonsense, I think it deserves deletion if you ask me.

Archived