(PSP) FMH2011 Will Suffer BIG TIME because of FMi on iPhone !!!

I cannot help but think that the 2011 PSP version of FMH is going to be a big let down. I think SI are putting all there time and effort into the iphone version now ( For example - NO new editor for the PSP version because of the iPhone version) and I can see why as the iPhone is a million times more popular than the psp. And also they can update the iPhone version everyday if they want not like the PSP version. I think they will make more money fror the iphone version and therfore that will be the priority from now on. I hope im wrong but I just cant see it. The wont get all the hassel of ALL the bugs in the PSP version reported to them all the time etc. Unfortunately because of the iPhone version I can only see the PSP version going down hill from now on.FMH is the MAIN reason I have a PSP:thdn: go ! I REALLY REALLY hope im wrong.

Agree with you that they will definitely be distracted big time, and to be honest the PSP series needs a good bit of work - it's just a bit linear for me and I can see the lack of memory/space excuse being used as the game turns into more of a data update. I truly hope this doesn't happen - but I am drawn to the new baby being born situation, and the PSP version is the jealous older brother who's not getting the attention he deserves/needs to reach the potential this game has.

It's because the iPhone/iPod Touch is the newer market. Although SI would never forget about they're PSP owners, the iPhone is the newest console so to speak, and they'll be understandibly putting most of their time into that. I'm positive next year the iPhone version will sell more copies than the PSP as well, because it's a newer console, the price is lower and it's more easily accessible.

I had a PSP, it was great when I had it, now i've got an iPhone and wouldn't go back.

• SI Staff
think SI are putting all there time and effort into the iphone version now ( For example - NO new editor for the PSP version because of the iPhone version)

Not to be pedantic BUT ..... the only person working full-time on the iPhone version of the game is me and yes that means I haven't had time to create a new editor for the PSP version of the game but thats mainly because its always been created largely in my spare time rather than as an 'official' product. I apologise for not having found time to make a new editor for the PSP version of the game, but unfortunately there are only so many hours in the day and something has to give ...

Rich and Ed are both working on the PSP version of the game and I'm confident this version will be a solid one.

Also do bear in mind that the PSP game shares it source code with the iPhone version of the game and so a fair few of the gameplay tweaks and fixes I'm doing for the iPhone will find their way onto the PSP game (in fact I compelted a 'merge' of such things to the PSP at the weekend).

PS - I have also openly offered the Editor data format out to people so that a third-party could make an improved editor if they wanted to, unfortunately no one from the games fan-base has taken me up on the offer as of yet.

• 3 weeks later...
Come on mark, Ive got an ipad waiting for a nice version for it. No problem from me if you want full price for it. I do wonder how many out there would buy it on their ipads,

I would definatly buy an ipad version of it. Love the iphone version but a nice version using the full screen of the ipad would be awsome.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived