SI needs to add the option to add leagues mid-game

i always feel like this once I'm about a season in i wished i had loaded other leagues , it would be a great feature and would be appreciated by people like us, a lot of the times the urge gets so bad for these other leagues that i have to start a new game

I agree with this idea although i forsee it may create problems for SI to implement this into the game.

My current, long-term journeyman save has a few missing leagues which i stupidly left out, Scotland and Russia being two examples, so the option to add them would be superb

Yeah it can certainly drag games out but I like to go into great detail in my games. I can be on it for 2 hours and not have gone further than a week.

That's what I do. I have to check the scores of everything. I load at least one league from every continent in order to check the respective champions leagues and such

Surely you would be able to drop leagues? I understand the difficulty of adding leagues (well not technically but) say if you were in 2066 and were never going back to the BSP or whatever, you could drop it to help performance of your PC?

It's kind of difficult though.

If you play a game with just, say, the English leagues loaded, and 1 year into the future you want to add the/some Spanish league/leagues, you can't just "add" it in - what happens to those players in the added league(s)? They need to be "aged" and the clubs need to have "virtually played" the "missing year". The effect is magnified the longer you play before adding, because the effect of 1 year of gameplay is dependent on the year before.

It's possible of course, but it will likely be a very rough approximation (c.f. simulating an active league vs. simulating an inactive league). If this is acceptable then I say go for it as it's a nice idea.

Alternatively some theory based on things like simulating stock prices (where we can approximate various things and then simply pull out numbers rather than actually simulate the leagues) may also be useful, but of course that needs to be analysed.

Is it REALLY that complicated after all?

I mean, the game already sort of simulates the events in non-selected leagues, players do age, retire and respawn in non-active leagues and nations...

The easiest solution would be, at the end of every season, when the user can add/remove leagues, having the game to "fill" the squads of the newly loaded league with newgens just as it would do with a newly promoted team or with youth intakes.

Let's say I only have EPL and La Liga loaded in a save, then in 2012 I get tired of that and decide to add Serie A and Bundesliga...

Of course the bigger clubs there will have already a lot of players loaded [especially if you select Large database], so the issue is more about second and third rate clubs.

Fine, I'll probably miss Palermo's third keeper or Hoffenheim's backup striker, but if that's a decent compromise between getting stuck with the same leagues for ever and the game taking 5 hours to "update" the original database to the current date, I can live with that

If the major issue is "simming" the missing years well, there's no actual need to have a totally accurate history for that competition... In the end the league/cup winners are decided anyway, so it's just be a matter of recreating the top of the table via the clubs which played in CL and EL year by year.

And the rest is blank. Kinda like the records of retired players who didn't turn coaches etc...

Would be amazing but it's also near on impossible at the moment. I'd happily have that as the main feature in FM11. Also the option to remove leagues, i'm level 11 in England with a small club named Garstang near Preston and Lancaster. The day I get them into the Prem I'd like to remove the 30 odd leagues or so below them if that makes sense to ensure computer power, I can't have any other country running if I have England to that low.

This option would be amazing in case you are a NT manager.. Managing Russial, Ukraine, USA, Mexico etc. is great but only if you have enough players to choose from..! And also league games in that country so that you have stats to look at.

I do think that it would be a brilliant option and its one I have wanted to be introduced for the last few years.

I tend to get quite bored with managing in a single nation for that long, but I also don't have a powerful enough PC to run loads of leagues, usually around 3 nations at once. It would make it so much better if at the end of a season you could choose to remove an existing nations leagues from your game and add a new one, or simply add a new one, or remove one.

It would allow people to keep games going for longer and would allow people without a powerful PC to play a proper journeyman game or play well into the future.

Is it REALLY that complicated after all?

I mean, the game already sort of simulates the events in non-selected leagues, players do age, retire and respawn in non-active leagues and nations...

The easiest solution would be, at the end of every season, when the user can add/remove leagues, having the game to "fill" the squads of the newly loaded league with newgens just as it would do with a newly promoted team or with youth intakes.

Let's say I only have EPL and La Liga loaded in a save, then in 2012 I get tired of that and decide to add Serie A and Bundesliga...

Of course the bigger clubs there will have already a lot of players loaded [especially if you select Large database], so the issue is more about second and third rate clubs.

Fine, I'll probably miss Palermo's third keeper or Hoffenheim's backup striker, but if that's a decent compromise between getting stuck with the same leagues for ever and the game taking 5 hours to "update" the original database to the current date, I can live with that

If the major issue is "simming" the missing years well, there's no actual need to have a totally accurate history for that competition... In the end the league/cup winners are decided anyway, so it's just be a matter of recreating the top of the table via the clubs which played in CL and EL year by year.

And the rest is blank. Kinda like the records of retired players who didn't turn coaches etc...

Consider hitting the "continue" button - if there's fixtures to simulate, then they get simulated once you hit continue. So therefore adding a league requires you to do the equivalent of 38 continues (for a 20-man league), plus additional processing time for transfers and development, and various other bits and bobs. It would be like "holidaying" the added league(s) until the current time, which takes ages - is this acceptable from a software-development point of view?

Regens are only a tiny part of the problem.

It's not that difficult if your suggestion is implemented but the equivalent of holidaying 4 years for the added league may not be acceptable as it takes far too long to simulate.

Therefore we need a faster way of simulating leagues and their clubs' development over that timeframe, which is the actual difficulty - someone needs to design such a method.

I personally feel that simulating the league as if it were inactive would take too long even for a single year, let alone 4 years.

Yeah I'd love this option too, would be great for those who can't play all leagues at once. Sadly it is too difficult to implement at the moment, can't see it happening for a few years, but would be surprised if it's not something they hope to do in the future.

This is a feature i would really love as well. In in 2042 in one game. The problem is i only loaded 4 leagues. Now ive managed in the big european nations, id love to go to Ukraine or france and so on.

Consider hitting the "continue" button - if there's fixtures to simulate, then they get simulated once you hit continue. So therefore adding a league requires you to do the equivalent of 38 continues (for a 20-man league), plus additional processing time for transfers and development, and various other bits and bobs. It would be like "holidaying" the added league(s) until the current time, which takes ages - is this acceptable from a software-development point of view?

Regens are only a tiny part of the problem.

It's not that difficult if your suggestion is implemented but the equivalent of holidaying 4 years for the added league may not be acceptable as it takes far too long to simulate.

Therefore we need a faster way of simulating leagues and their clubs' development over that timeframe, which is the actual difficulty - someone needs to design such a method.

I personally feel that simulating the league as if it were inactive would take too long even for a single year, let alone 4 years.

I think everyone would be happy with the "last position" field being used to determine European qualification etc. as it is with inactive leagues. No need to sim the game up to that point. The only real delays I can think of would be the mass adding of regens.

I think everyone would be happy with the "last position" field being used to determine European qualification etc. as it is with inactive leagues. No need to sim the game up to that point. The only real delays I can think of would be the mass adding of regens.

You mean just carry forward the league positions as-is?

I suppose you could have multiple options. Maybe 50 years in the future some would want to see how Barcelona and Real Madrid do in your vastly-changed world, but some will want a simulated future league where Barcelona and Real Madrid are out of playable leagues and the simulated 50 years suggests the best teams in Spain are 20-time champions Benidorm and 10-time champions Ceuta.

This is a very good idea to me, but one that's very complex to do.

I'm pretty sure in a thread I read a while back Miles Jacobson said that they were definately interested in the idea and looking into it, but that it wouldn't be around for quite a while.

Archived