Erm... sacked? Huh?

Hey

Just started my 3rd season with Man Utd. Doing well so far. The Brazil job came up so I thought I would try and get some international management experience under my belt before I try for England. I won my first game 4-1 which was a friendly. My 2nd game came up against Mexico. I wanted to tinker with the tactics a little. We lost 1-0. Yes it was a poor performance, but the day after I was sacked.

I find this hard to understand. I lost by 1 goal in a friendly and got sacked? Ridiculous? Yes. :mad:

I feel kinda lucky. I played 3 games, won 1, drew one, lost 1, then left of my own accord, didn't get sacked. :)

I don't actually mind having such a high expectation country, it's like having the ultimate test, ultimate pressure, and it's a real test of your ability.

Yep I think its a bug that is being looked into. Its the same as when a Brazil manager always either gets sacked or resigns at the world cup after only 2 group games.

It's not a bug.

They just have huge expectations and want to win every game.

Plus losing your 2nd game against a team you should be beating is hardly a good sign for one of the greatest football nations around

I've just left Bahrain for Brazil, mostly out of sheer surprise to be offered the job. I'm doing ok with Spurs, which probably got me the job. My first game is against Spain. I'll get me coat.

I think with Brazil, it would be a good idea to not organise friendlies. :D

I won the copa america, and also could have managed them for the 2014 world cup, but capello got sacked after the euros, I applied for england and got the job!!

I dont know how england are number one in the rankings though compared to brazil, who are second, that seems unrealistic.

I managed Brazil for a bit, won 85% of my South American qualifiers, beat Argentina, drew the rest. I lost a friendly against France, and then only got fired after losing first against Portugal, then against Italy in the Confederations Cup group stage.

So they won't always fire you immediately after a loss, but don't expect to last more than a year.

Archived