new contract then sell help

Hi all

Just wondering what you guys would do, i got some 30 year olds who contracts are up such as carrick and a few other players, now it seems a waste to just let them go on a free contract considering that they are still worth 4m.

problem is if i offer a new contract, which he wants 50000 a week, there is no club that wants him, if i offer him to clubs, will there be clubs interested even though there are no clubs that state they are interested in him?

I just dont want to tie him up fo another 2 years cause he will be on the bench mainly.

has anyone done this with any players?

cheers all

Had my fingers burnt with this one before. I would let the contract run out - if no one picks him up you should be able to re-sign him on lower wages than he wants right now.

Remeber as well that any transfer fee you get later will be after you have paid his wages for the length of time it takes you to sell him plus the signing-on fee you give him.

Had my fingers burnt with this one before. I would let the contract run out - if no one picks him up you should be able to re-sign him on lower wages than he wants right now.

Remeber as well that any transfer fee you get later will be after you have paid his wages for the length of time it takes you to sell him plus the signing-on fee you give him.

i think your right on this, no one wants him now even on the cheap, so its just maybe better off to give him a free transfer and let others into his role.

just dont do anything if he isnt part of your plans let him go on a free and buy some other players. or you could offer him to other clubs without transfer listing him and see if you can at least get some money for him.

tried offering him to clubs, with no one interested. i will just let him go on free. i suppose its quite realistic. joe cole for example was a free and surplus to requirememnts.

Archived