Finally.............

had a new stadium built

Season after season I have asked the board and it keeps getting refused by the council and now without asking if get one built

Not exactly a massive staidum for a top 4 Premiership side but hopefully it can be extended in the future

Really hoping they name it after me!!!!

Finally.jpg

I feel your pain, Padders.

Having a succesful run with Groningen now. Taken them from obscurity in the Jupiler league, and back to the top in Holland.

Managed to do great with them, and i was hoping they would build a new stadium, naming it after me.

Got the new stadium, but they named it Groningen Stadium :(

PS! Is it Groningen or Gronigen? Can't remember myself right now :p

good stuff. after playing cm/fm since cm01/02 I finally got a new stadium whilst managing Liverpool the other day. Got told by the board on June 2010. took 2 years to build, it's only a 61200 seat stadiu but expandable to 75,000 and it's in my name.

I asked mid season if they could extend the current stadium, they said the council will never allow it, so I am stoked

As you said it doesnt have much of a capacity, what was the capacity of your old stadium? and how did you cope in the premiership with such a small income of gate receipts, did it hold you back financially & how easy was it to save for the new stadium? i only ask because i am Hyde United on my save which only has a 4K stadium and i am struggling already in L1

i've yet to have a stadium named after me, a statue and a son.

ugh :)

Is the statue feature still in the game?

I've had a stadium named after me on this one, and a son on another save, but he was a really, really naff GK, so I couldn't even give him a few games to boost his ego.

Regarding the finances. To be honset I haven't struggled at all. My wages have also been well inside the limit and I have sold players as I have gone on.

However I spent nearly £40 million this pre season to try and win the Premiership for the first time and it has really hit me hard. I've renewed alot of my players contracts as they were ending in the next 12 months and although I'm well inside my wage budget (by 100k a week) i'm now losing £4-£5 million a month (and that includes winning Champions League games).

I'm still in my old gorund which capacity is 18,500

The next 12-18months could be interesting

Is the statue feature still in the game?

I've had a stadium named after me on this one, and a son on another save, but he was a really, really naff GK, so I couldn't even give him a few games to boost his ego.

See if i've waited all this time to get a terrible son i'm going to be soooooo gutted :( lmao !

I've only seen stadiums named after myself and the club.

In the next version I think they could also be named after club legends too.

They already can. I've seen Chelsea have Carvalho Park on my game and they seem to get Zola Park a lot from what I've read on here.

What always gets me is that the message says "[the new stadium will have] a capcity of around 29844". Surely there are plans for the stadium so we can say with certainty that "the planned capacity IS 29844", or you can round up/down the number and have a sentance that makes sense in english.

SORT IT OUT SI.

Archived