We're in Europe!

Congratulations. I'm now on my 4th club in as many years having been sacked from Gillingham in first season, leaving Shrewsbury for Preston, then being sacked by Preston and picked up by Walsall. Nice to see someone's doing something right!

Nice. My Workington got Euro qualification in year 2017 or 2018 I think. And that was only because I won the League Cup by sheer luck. BSN/BSS to premiership glory. I know how it feels. 2 seasons later you should be winning the premiership.

nice work! do you mind showing us your scores for this season... i want to see if you beat the big names by much :D

81259103.png

88542110.png

Stand out ones are beating Chelsea and Liverpool (champions) at home.

Had a good start to the season then a nasty patch around November and at one point we had lost 6 in a row (almost equaling a club record). A home win against Everton in January then put us back on track and set up a great run seeing us only losing 2 league games the rest of the season and ending up 6th.

Great achievement mate, good luck building up the squad with your European funds.

Well just signed this guy. Cant believe i got him. Had a min fee release clause of £4.7m but i didn't think he'd get a work permit. First application turned down then granted on appeal. Signed on a 5 yr deal. He's the first player i've had to be labeled as a 'wonderkid'. Amazing for Oxford!

felipe.png

Quick update, just booked our place in the final with a 6-1 home second leg win. First leg away was 0-0 and at half time in the second leg the scores were tied but then the second half saw 7 goals between us!

Final will be against AC Milan at Southampton St Mary's stadium...

semiy.png

well done, it took me until 2022 just to get weymouth to the premier league. you must get a lot more satisfation out of the game than those who say start with chelsea. oh btw, who managed to lose to middlesboro lol

well done, it took me until 2022 just to get weymouth to the premier league. you must get a lot more satisfation out of the game than those who say start with chelsea. oh btw, who managed to lose to middlesboro lol

Definately, much more satisfying taking a small team to glory.

Well done mate, hope you do well.

Cheers and i did do! The Europa League to add to my Carling cup win this season. I'm also 2 games away from winning the Premier Leauge for the first time and an historic treble...

Just got legend status too!

cupz.png

Well done mate! In FM09, my current save is St Albans who I've taken from the BSS to the Prem in 10 years, so you've it done way quicker than I have. I've just started my first Prem season, and I'm struggling a little in 15th place after 6 games.

I have a couple of questions for you if that's ok:

- What was your transfer budget in your first season?

- How difficult did you find your first season?

- How many seasons were you in the championship?

Well done mate! In FM09, my current save is St Albans who I've taken from the BSS to the Prem in 10 years, so you've it done way quicker than I have. I've just started my first Prem season, and I'm struggling a little in 15th place after 6 games.

I have a couple of questions for you if that's ok:

- What was your transfer budget in your first season?

- How difficult did you find your first season?

- How many seasons were you in the championship?

- What was your transfer budget in your first season? In the premiership? They game me £7m. I just used it all for wages to get free siginings.

- How difficult did you find your first season? I finished 10th in my first prem season, 6th the second and won it in my third. First season was ok. I thumped some teams but was thumped myself quite often, it was ok.

- How many seasons were you in the championship? 2. 11th the first year and won it in my second.

- What was your transfer budget in your first season? In the premiership? They game me £7m. I just used it all for wages to get free siginings.

- How difficult did you find your first season? I finished 10th in my first prem season, 6th the second and won it in my third. First season was ok. I thumped some teams but was thumped myself quite often, it was ok.

- How many seasons were you in the championship? 2. 11th the first year and won it in my second.

Thanks for the answers! :)

You seem good at improving your team every season, then. Tenth is an excellent achievement for a newly promoted team, and it's a very good target to aim for as well.

Thanks for the answers! :)

You seem good at improving your team every season, then. Tenth is an excellent achievement for a newly promoted team, and it's a very good target to aim for as well.

Yeah, basically i spent hours scouting and looking for decent young prospects but i signed most of my players on free transfers when their contracts expired. Some of the more famous free transfer players i've had at Oxford are:

Ronaldinho

Alberto Aquilani

Nigel Reo Coker

Freddy Adu (still got him, great player)

Victor Moses

Joseph Yobo

Owen Hargreaves

Titus Bramble

Roman Pavlyuchenko.

Also bought some decent players too like Engin Bekdemir Ochoa and Marco Verratti. This is my current team (although as ever i'm looking to add to it and am in pre season):

teamu.png

From the starting 11 pictured Felipe, Le Berre, Lewington and Crook are all currently newgen wonderkids.

Archived