Why do teams not buy over performers????

Lets face in in reality it happens all the time and is part and part of sport.

Player X even though he is not a great player, over achieves for a season either because of morale or a system that fits him.

Team Y Put in a massive bid for him and he moves to his new club.

Player X Has a dismal time because he is not a great player and eventually is dropped or moved on.

I have a player in my team who has scored 30 goals in 33 games and i have offered him to clubs for 2.5 mill even though in reality we would be talking about 10mill plus. But nobody wants him because his stats are pretty bad.

I realise there are some hidden stats for reputation but they dont seem to have a huge effect.

it does happen. ive done it before but you dont offer them out cos that dont work you have to wait for clubs to become interested.

on fm09 i think it was i got cardiff promoted to the prem. i was looking at frees and i signed bosko jankovic from genoa. he had a good season or two at cardiff and i didnt want to sell him. big clubs like real madrid, juventus and a lot more were interested but i didnt want to sell. teams bid i rejected. they bid again and out of curiousity i guess to see if they would still be interested i asked for £50 million and real madrid offered it upfront and juventus in installments. i sold him for £50 million cos it was a good offer for an average player. so what you dont do is try to force the sale. let it happen naturally. if he goes and has a good season again then clubs may start to become interested and thats when you may get your big offer. i dont know if this is coded in to the game somehow where clubs will wait to see after 2 seasons whether they are going to bid for an average player.

Ahh im not talking about AI teams... Yes i have seen that happen, im talking about your team... Its seems very difficult to offload bad players, even if they perform well.

ahh okay :) i have also seen this happen tho :) with my blackburn team i started the season with ebi smolarek aged 33 and worth like 70k, played him as support striker to kalinic, he scored about 20 goals and i managed to sell him for almost a mill.

AI teams can't "see" form, or statistics. They judge players based only on their CA, PA and reputation.

Not true.

If you want to test this out, you can get an avg player. Put him as ST, control the opposition team and change their formation and starting keeper and use some outfield player. Let your average joe score like 30 goals a season and watch his value sky rocket. And you will be able to sell him even though his CA/PA is still crap.

Not true.

If you want to test this out, you can get an avg player. Put him as ST, control the opposition team and change their formation and starting keeper and use some outfield player. Let your average joe score like 30 goals a season and watch his value sky rocket. And you will be able to sell him even though his CA/PA is still crap.

But that's because his reputation has risen, if anything. You'd get the same effect by capping him a few times.

Besides, you wouldn't get much more than if you'd sold him anyway.

Archived