That beautiful moment when...

Your new signing scores on his debut!

You see it flash at the bottom on the commentary, and you feel proud of your signing!

--

Now it hasn't happened many times on FM for me, strangely.

Only a handful of times.

Ajax - Diego Souza - Debut brace.

Man City - Ribéry (2nd season) - Screamer (this was on 10.0, with the longshots!)

Arsenal - Regen 17 Year old Winger - It was a tap in, after coming on the pitch as a subsitute on the 88th minute, and he still scored!

--

So how well has everyone else's new signings done on their debut?

(Also, Sakho got injured for 4 months on his debut, so that wasn't the best of debuts!)

I find the really good signings may not necessarily score on their debut but do so consistently throughout the season. I've had plenty of times where I've bought a striker and he scores on his debut only to score about 2 or 3 more for the rest of the season :(

It happens quite regularly for me though that is in part due to the selection policy I adopt. If I've made a new signing and the first game up is a tough one, especially if its away from home, I tend to rest the new signing and give them their debut in a home game or at least something that will be easier for them to score e.g. a League Cup game against weaker opposition. More chance of them making a good start, gets their confidence up, begins a good relationship with the fans, reduces the chance of a goal drought and the fans getting on their back.

It happens quite regularly for me though that is in part due to the selection policy I adopt. If I've made a new signing and the first game up is a tough one, especially if its away from home, I tend to rest the new signing and give them their debut in a home game or at least something that will be easier for them to score e.g. a League Cup game against weaker opposition. More chance of them making a good start, gets their confidence up, begins a good relationship with the fans, reduces the chance of a goal drought and the fans getting on their back.

Thats a brilliant theory!

Thanks, I may just adopt that approach :D

I can think of one memorable one...

It was on my old Arsenal save (which was destroyed by errors :mad:) and a new french kid with huge potential called Clement Wagner scored a hat trick on his debut against West Ham and after that match continued to score...

The fans loved him.

It was only about a day or two after that my Arsenal save died though.

I can't think of many other debut hat tricks.

I know quite a few youngsters of mine have scored hat tricks or just got a goal or two in the FA Cup on their debut though.

Can't remember it ever happening to a high profile name, it's great when you find a youngster who the fans love after two games on the icon list.

I lied!

Yaya Sanogo, 3rd Round of the FA Cup. :thup:

Against.. I cannot remember who, but they was League 1! Scored a hatrick on his first team debut, and then another 2 goals in the next round!

It's fairly regular for me, because I usually try to build and rotate young squad, with a few veterans to help tutor.

Currently on the second season of a save, newly promoted to the Liga adelante in Spain with Granada CF. Won the opening match against Eibar 4-0 with four of my debutant regen summer signings scoring the goals. One of them is even labelled "The next David Villa". :cool:

Most satisfactory :)

Lukaku. Came on as a sub against Chelsea in the first (away)game of the season, to replace Kenywne Jones up front alongside Bent(I'm Sunderland, obviously). Cech messed up a clearance and was out of the area, Bent nicked the ball from Terry, passed it to Lukaku, who then placed the ball into the net from about 35 yards. Great introduction. Shame I lost 2-1 to a couple of great goals from Luiz Suarez.

I made myself when I was 17 and he scored for chelsea on his debut for chelsea in the shield in the 93rd minute :D

he was in the pitch for 4 minutes and they won 4-3 :D

Working on the future england Striking Duo in my game at the moment. Daniel Quinn and David Duffy. Duffy is a full international athe the age of 19 scoring 3 goals in 5 internationals, while Quinn, is on the fringe of getting his full call up soon also 19, so this pair will lead the England line for many years to come in my game.

placed the ball in from 35 yards, must have been precise

It was. He still had to get it past Cech who was running back, so it wasn't a totally open goal, and he put it past Cech's despairing dive, though he could have put it a foot or so closer to him and Cech still would have missed it.

Archived