{SOMS} Manchester United - The Flight of the Red Devils

unitedsoms.jpg

Welcome?

I sat quietly, not saying a word. The reporters threw questions at me from all positions, the camera lights flashing and stinging my eyes. The large logo of Manchester United hung on the wall directly opposite. I wondered how long they would continue to ask questions, and how long it would take before I could get back to training with the group. I heard glimpses of the questions; however it all seemed a blur. “How well do you think you can carry on the legacy of...” One yelled. “Is it true you’re planning on a mass transfer...” Another yelled, holding a notebook in one hand, pen in the other. The collective inquisition of the room studied my every move, however I had no inclination whatsoever to answer the questions. I was told not to answer any questions, no matter how enticing, by the Chairman. More questions were thrown, but I sat quietly, working out a new tactic in my head. A list of transfer targets and potential sales danced and swum in my head, knowing I had a lot to live up to. I was here for a reason. I’m here to make Manchester United Football Club not only the greatest club in the world, but further.

My name is Richard Cornell.

This is Manchester United, greatest club in the world.

And I’m here, to make a change.

Movement

I stared at the finance report. I’d been given a transfer budget of $22.5 million pounds. I was happy, but I felt it wasn’t nearly enough. I was ready to make changes to this team, and 22.5 million wasn’t going to be enough. I felt it necessary to make use of the transfer marker as best I could. I was planning on buying and selling like a pioneer, making my true dreams come true. The press didn’t matter. I didn’t care what other people thought. This was for the supporters, and only the best would be acceptable. There were many players I had in mind, and many i was expecting to put on the transfer list. I flicked through the notebook i held with me at all times, looking through the names of each player I wished to set a scout on right away. Serge Aurier and Marco Verratti jumped out at me. These two players were aged 16, and the best of their crop. They would be first.

I flicked to the back, and two more names caught my eye. I underlined them and added a note in red pen; TRANSFER. The dead wood would go, and the young blood would move in.

One thing was absolutely certain; Manchester United will become a youth orientated club.

aurier.jpg verrattih.jpg

Aurier and Verratti; my first youth targets.

Archived