Scenario Mode

Just an idea, but it would be cool to have scenario modes for when you want to do a quick game.

You have classic teams and just do tournaments, or one season until the game ends. You could do pretty much every World Cup for instance, or be like Honved in 54, Real Madrid in 60, Ajax in 72, Bayern Munich in 75, Liverpool in 77, Milan in 89, ManUtd in 99 etc. etc.

OK, club ones might be difficult to do, but doing past World Cups shouldn't be too hard to implement.

yes we could . even modes like challenges "take Portsmouth to Europa league" etc.

Yeah, sure, they don't have to be old ones. I remember on LMA Manager on the PS2,, they always had challenges like, have your 5 best players injured which 5pts from safety with 15 games to go and try and save them.

However, why would you only want a short game?

Because full games are too time consuming and you can get addicted to them. Sometimes I just wanna play a game for a couple of days or something to kill time.

Classic ones would be difficult to implement, but any based on the current database are easily doable throught the editor. Have a look in the CSE forum and there are a couple of threads with these sort of challenges.

Scenarios could very well work with the database that actually ships with the game, no licensing problems, no reasearch problems, nada. Imagine there being SI providing up-to-date scenarios (or rather quick saves) every once in a while that keep in touch with the on-going football season, a la: Four matches to go and Manchester United trail four points behind leaders Chelsea in the league table. Can you still secure the championship? Coupled with community challenges, this could be awesome.

I continue to be disappointed that SI wouldn't even provide quick saves for major tournaments a la the World Cup or Euros with all the actual rosters, but probably they don't have the resources, contrary to what my FM manual explains about quick saves they might provide. Even better would be an option in the editor to set up scenarios yourself. This is something that would be able to keep your game of Football Manager fresh and up to date and challenging in very different ways. Scenarios could very well be fictional too, of course.

Scenarios could very well work with the database that actually ships with the game, no licensing problems, no reasearch problems, nada. Imagine there being SI providing up-to-date scenarios (or rather quick saves) every once in a while that keep in touch with the on-going football season, a la: Four matches to go and Manchester United trail four points behind leaders Chelsea in the league table. Can you still secure the championship? Coupled with community challenges, this could be awesome.

I continue to be disappointed that SI wouldn't even provide quick saves for major tournaments a la the World Cup or Euros with all the actual rosters, but probably they don't have the resources, contrary to what my FM manual explains about quick saves they might provide. Even better would be an option in the editor to set up scenarios yourself. This is something that would be able to keep your game of Football Manager fresh and up to date and challenging in very different ways. Scenarios could very well be fictional too, of course.

Did you read my post just above yours? The community is already producing these kind of things, maybe not completely accurate World Cup rosters but pretty close to it.

Isn't that the whole point of FM?

no that is not the point of fm... the point of fm is to enjoy yourself in the simulated role of a real life football manager..... time consumption and addictiveness are just byproducts of this fantastic game

the day when FM is released without this build-in "mechanic" is the day i stop playing this game...

Way to edit my quote and take it of context.

I love FM and the full game, but sometimes I just want to try a quick game because I don't have the time to play a full game.

yer i was thinking the other day would be cool to have something like taking over portsmouth when grant did and seing if you could survive the drop. then you could just carry on like a normal game if you so wished to

Archived