Changing Max Wages Capable of Being Offered

Is there anyway to change the max wage that you can offer? I'm playing with a 3rd division French side and got promoted to Ligue 2, now am looking to sign some players, have about 15K left to give out in wages (this is with maximum wages / smallest transfer budget), but am having trouble signing anybody because I can only offer like 2500 max. Same goes for goal bonuses, appearance fees, etc...In short, is there a way to change this?

Or free up some wages by getting rid of players on high wages/players surplus to requirements.

On the higher paid players see if you can negotiate a new contract with lower wages - does not tend to work in all cases but you never know!

Before any shouts at me here - use FMRTE to lower the (in my opinion) extremely high appearance and goal bonuses. I have Gerrard and his appearance fee was 20,000 a game and a goal bonus of 10,000 a game on top of his wages of £120,000 a month. Surely the appearance and goal bonuses are not this high in real life? I leave wages a lone and onlt ever use FMRTE to put the bonuses donw to what a consider a more realistic amount.

That's part of the challenge though so try to refrain from using FMRTE to change contracts.

Buy youth. Buy low - sell high, turn transfer funds into wage budget, therefore max wages for a player increases.

I think I'm spending around £800,000k a week out of £1.4mil available and they let me offer up to £150,000pw, where as at a bigger club it could be the same figures but the board allow higher wages, eg. £200,000pw.

kind of defeats the object using any editor for any part of the game IMO, but hey each to their own.. if thats the way you like to play the game then go for it. As Tyknow says, get yours scouts looking for those young rough diamonds, and sell on later for mega profits also look on the free market for good players out of contract, you can pick up some good players at the right price on there.

England4Ever

If you've not got much of a wage/transfer budget to toggle in the contract negotiation screen, then you're always likely to struggle. Some players do come though and it's always worth negotiating wages.

In addition and especially helpful for smaller clubs, pack your pre-season with as many lucrative friendlies as you can. Make sure you check which clubs will offer you a good fee to play away from home, or will bring in a good crowd at home, whilst making a good profit when you offset your opponents fee.

Also, keep your squad trim. If you're not worried how your youth and reserve teams perform, sell or free-transfer anyone you're coaches don't rate highly. They'll never likely play for your first team, so it's better to simply get rid of them.

With a smaller club, signing players who can play in multiple positions and roles, can also help you maintain a relatively small squad, whilst also having sufficient cover. For example, I have a defensive player, who can play in any position at the back, as well as at DMC. He's not a first choice player, but he can cover five positions comfortably and does well when he steps into the side. I consider a first team squad of 25 players to be a luxury at lower league clubs. Mostly it's about 18 players, plus some good youngsters as backup.

Archived