Injury after using 3 subs?

Why does this always have to happen?

Here's what happened...

schalkevleverkusen.png

So I made all 3 subs and then the game decides I have to have a huge disadvantage and injures one of my players, especially as it was only 3 minutes later and my sub was the injured player...

I ended up losing 6-5 after ET and going out of the german cup no thanks to the ****ing game.

This happens so frequently and really ****s me off.

Why does the game insist on doing this unrealistic thing?

shouldnt need to make all 3 subs every game..... make 2 and keep 3rd for an emergency to avoid this situation

My tactics involve using alot of energy so I'm forced to use all 3 subs.

Plus it shouldn't happen anyway.

Tell me how many times it has happened over this past season.

It's something that could be tweaked a bit I guess, but I don't feel like it happens a lot any more. I usually don't sub' 3 players early unless I'm at least 3-0 up (or need a goal badly) though. Usually save at least one for 85'+.

It seems to go in streaks though. Sometimes it happens every game, then you can go a couple of seasons without it at all. A bit like with players injuring other players in training. Sometimes you get 8 in a week. Then none in a year.

It kind of proves there are too many in match injuries. You are pretty much forced to make 3 subs every game because tired players are at higher risk of getting injured. When you do that then there's a risk of this happening. IRL managers quite often don't use all the subs or use them just to waste time near the end. I can't remember when was the last time I didn't use all 3 subs in FM.

Yea. If you're getting 3-5 injuries per game you're either doing something very wrong or have a team full of matchstick men.

Thinking back on my latest saves I can't even remember the last time I had 3 injuries in the same match. Without checking I think it's probably more like 1 injury every 10 matches. Unless you mean "minor injuries" (or knocks). Then it's more like 1 per match, but that's perfectly realistic to me.

Yea. If you're getting 3-5 injuries per game you're either doing something very wrong or have a team full of matchstick men.

Thinking back on my latest saves I can't even remember the last time I had 3 injuries in the same match. Without checking I think it's probably more like 1 injury every 10 matches. Unless you mean "minor injuries" (or knocks). Then it's more like 1 per match, but that's perfectly realistic to me.

It's minor injuries of course, but i don't think 3~5 minor injuries per game is realistic.

Edit: My latest game.

21753692.jpg

Helmes, Hazard, Marin (5 days) and Vukojevic (2 weeks).

btw, i use SFraser's training.

I agree 3-5 every match is to much, but again I never get that many. I don't think I've ever seen more than 3 minor injuries in the same match. And even that is rare for me. Maybe 2-3 times a seasons at most. Usually I get zero, sometimes 1-2.

I just went through the last 15 games of my current Ajax save and I've had just 6 minor injuries in those 15 in total. No idea why you'd be getting 3-5 per game.

Maybe your tactic just makes the players more likely to get tackled. Lots of dribbling and possession? I mean if you look at teams like Barcelona (or Spain in the WC) the amount of tackles they get against them is crazy. If you play like that you're bound to get more minor injuries or knocks than teams that play direct and always look for through balls. I think my tactic falls into the second category. Anyways it's just a guess and I doubt it'd explain 3-5 per game on it's own.

I rarely see players injured after all three subs, until I reached the 2025-26 season that is.

Tottenham v Arsenal finished with both sides down to 10 men, Spurs having had an outfielder injured, then Arsenal's keeper being sent off.

The greatest game ever was the one immediately after that - CL game against Lyon, I was 2-1 up from the first leg. Second leg, I was 2-1 up with half an hour to go, used my 3rd sub, then my keeper instantly got injured. Best goalkeeper rating of all my outfield players? My star striker, with 2, so in he went. Lyon instantly equalised. 20 minutes to go, I made it 3-2 (somehow!), then straight away had a player sent off. 10 minutes left, Lyon levelled it to 3-3, but I held out to go through. The best thing? The striker who went in goal had his goalkeeping performance reflected in voting for World Player of the Year, and he won it :D

I tend to try and save my 3rd sub untiill at least the 85th min if I am winning just to shore things up but can understand that if you are losing,you may be forced to make all subs earlier to get something from the match. I have to admit once I did a mourinho and made 2 before half time and the other just after and managed to comeback and win the game.

My tactics involve using alot of energy so I'm forced to use all 3 subs.

Plus it shouldn't happen anyway.

Tell me how many times it has happened over this past season.

That might explain the injuries don't you think? In a match that has extra time potential I always save 1 sub til then just in case.

It kind of proves there are too many in match injuries. You are pretty much forced to make 3 subs every game because tired players are at higher risk of getting injured. When you do that then there's a risk of this happening. IRL managers quite often don't use all the subs or use them just to waste time near the end. I can't remember when was the last time I didn't use all 3 subs in FM.

No it doesn't, he's already admitted using a high energy tactic that raises the chance of injuries.

I really cba going into it again, but search for 'injuries' or 'injury' in thread titles in this forum or look at my posts in 'injury' threads and you will see that FM10 still doesn't have enough injuries when compared to RL. It's better modeled than any FM yet but is still not 100% bang on and its in your favour!

Please do that search so you can learn how not to get injuries because there is no bug.

Archived