Regained my love for FM10!

Had a trip to london the last few days so decided to really try and get into FM10 (as i failed to get properly "into" a game previously) on the train down (5hours to kill!)

Finally got used to the touchline instructions and using the game without the sliders on the tactics, and i have to say it makes the game far more simpler and enjoyable, i finally feel asif all the micromanagement that was in place before has gone.

Seriously, for those maybe not feeling they are enjoying FM10 as previous versions, try to get used to the new tactic system if you haven't already done so, makes the game so much better!

I like threads like this :)

I think the tactics system is brilliant, its so much more authentic having player roles to assign rather than sliders - you know real life manager will sign players to be a good targetman, rather than because he'll be good with his mentality slider two notches from the right ;)

Me too since FM07 (the one i think is still the best, mainly as I played it the longest got to 2040) 2010 is much better than 08 & 09!!

Stumped in a way because I like 442 but I notice there isnt that many successful tactics using 442.

- you know real life manager will sign players to be a good targetman, rather than because he'll be good with his mentality slider two notches from the right ;)

I agree with you but i feel there is still improvement in place.

Had a trip to london the last few days so decided to really try and get into FM10 (as i failed to get properly "into" a game previously) on the train down (5hours to kill!)

Finally got used to the touchline instructions and using the game without the sliders on the tactics, and i have to say it makes the game far more simpler and enjoyable, i finally feel asif all the micromanagement that was in place before has gone.

Seriously, for those maybe not feeling they are enjoying FM10 as previous versions, try to get used to the new tactic system if you haven't already done so, makes the game so much better!

So how do you play out the matches? Do you watch the full 90 and use the touchline shouts that way? I would use the shouts but have usually played on extended or key, but I am struggling to really 'get into' the game like I used to. i wonder would I feel more in control of the team if I just watched the full 90 and adapted things as I see fit (along with assman)? However just the thought of watching each match in full could be a bit daunting. I just want to enjoy the game again whilst feeling I have an element of control!

ive got a real challege on now,im into my second full season now with Derby, i managed to stablise them when i started, loaned a man utd youngster(striker) and he scored 32 championshipgoals for me man utd extended his deal after that and placed him in the first team clearly to be used as a sub, they couldnt let me have him and without his goals and talent @ pride park were languishing in 22nd after 5 games, but this kindof challenge has rekindled my love for FM

So how do you play out the matches? Do you watch the full 90 and use the touchline shouts that way? I would use the shouts but have usually played on extended or key' date=' but I am struggling to really 'get into' the game like I used to. i wonder would I feel more in control of the team if I just watched the full 90 and adapted things as I see fit (along with assman)? However just the thought of watching each match in full could be a bit daunting. I just want to enjoy the game again whilst feeling I have an element of control![/quote']

Nah not atall, i just play the game on key highlights...and say im playing a team i should beat comfortably. I'll set the mentality to contorl and touchline instructions to retain possestion throughout the whole game, just keep the ball off the other team!

then say i go a goal down, use the touchline instructions of like...hassle opponents, get ball forward, push higher up...it makes reacting to situations and starting games muuuch simpler and striaght forward rather than trying to work out what sliders represent and what they do!

Yeah I'm an old-time CM player from the time SI still made it, and I haven't played those games in a long time, I picked up FM09 and tried it out, hoping to regain a bit of the magic and enjoyment i got from the old CM games long ago, it unfortunately did not work, I felt like I needed a degree in football management to play it, it was simply too complex and it took too long to set up, it also did feel "artificial" and just.. cold and too complex.

In comes FM2010, I take a gamble on the game, hoping that it'll be better upon reading the tactics system has been changed, it did the trick, the system indeed seems a lot more "authentic" and no longer do I feel like I need a degree to understand it and work it. I'm up to 15 days time played on my main save and enjoying it thoroughly.

Archived