I need a New Stadium!

Hey

Having a bit of a problem. Im managing AFC Wimbledon and the year is 2039, in 2020 the team got a new stadium with a capacity on 14999. Since then the stadium has been extended, but in 2025 the board refused to extend it more, since there is no space around the stadium. The capacity is only 31998. I have won the League 8 years consecutively, and the Champions League once. The average stadium capacity have been almost maximum for ten years. I am the second best team in the world, but i lose a lot of money of having such a small stadium.

So: Have anybody experienced to get new stadium twice in a game? I need it.

Ps: The financially situation is good, and the club has switched owners 3 times.

It's possible, but depending upon your chairman and the likes it can take a ridiculously long time. It really seems like the board rarely sees the business sense in expanding, even though a new stadium would perhjaps do a return on their investment in a pretty short period of time.

Sometimes you just have to be patient. I was Liverpool, and won almost everything 8 seasons in a row, was filling Anfield game after game, season after season, was in awesome financial shape, had over 800million quid in the bank by the time I left. Eventually I left my contract expire, partly because I wanted a new challenge but didn't want Liverpool to hate me, and partly because I was tired of the stupid board not doing the eminently sensible thing. Then 2-3 seasons after I left, they built a massive 110000+ seater monster, and named it after their current boss. I wasn't having any of that and used FMRTE to name it after me, as I was their greatest ever manager, not him.

Just out of interest gow much is a new stadium usually? I am currently taking hyde united from the BSN to the premiership well hopefully, and i only have a 4120 capacity, and will definetly need expanding or a new home building to say the least, it is already too small for the CC League 1 which i am currently in yet they refuse to extend it because they cant afford it, could it also be that they lack the sufficient adjacent land?

Just out of interest gow much is a new stadium usually? I am currently taking hyde united from the BSN to the premiership well hopefully, and i only have a 4120 capacity, and will definetly need expanding or a new home building to say the least, it is already too small for the CC League 1 which i am currently in yet they refuse to extend it because they cant afford it, could it also be that they lack the sufficient adjacent land?

Depends on how big the expansion or new stadium will be. I had a 90,000 seater for Sevilla that cost £498m.

I wouldnt expect anything that big mostly because i dont expect the club to achieve that much for a couple of decades or so but i am hoping to be a premiership club in the next 6 seasons so would have hoped for a 30/40,000 seater stadium by that time as a neccessity more than anything

talking about stadiums, it is june 2010 and I was just told Liverpool are buiding a new stadium but will take 2 years to complete. If you use fmrte just go to your clubs sponsorship in there and change things so the council gives you $100m a season for 5+ seasons and your club gets a stadium sponsorship for the same length of time and money, you will then get a new stadium. I know it's cheating but ...

also I asked for an exansion mid season and i got a NO, the council will never allow it

Like others have said, you simply have to be patient at times, however, other times the board will announce the construction out of the blue, like in my own game. I'm playing with Cordoba. Started out with a small 13.000+ stadium. Had it expanded twice to 25.000. Then a couple years after the last expansion, my board suddenly announce a construction of a new stadium with a 39.000+ capacity. However, at the time, my bank balance was quite low, like 10 million or something. What my board ended up doing was selling my old ground, plus taking out a loan of 89 million. So, you see, you don't necessarily need to have a huge bank balance to even think about a new stadium.

I've had a stadium, 33,000 seater, cost just 28 million to build, it cost a further 23 million for an extra 16000 seats and undersoil heating, and then another 23 million or so to expand to 65,000.

So, you can get a good stadium on a budget.. I'm guessing you have to be lucky though (and bloody patient!).

I think the board is lying sometimes...in my current save its 2021 and I've turned Liverpool from cellar-dwellers into a new Premier League force but we still play in the 45,000 cap. Anfield while Man City and Chelsea both had new stadiums built for them, and Everton and Tottenham both had theirs expanded.

So even though I've turned Pool around we have the 7th largest stadium while the other six are at least 20,000 more seats bigger.

Well, it finally happend. In 2041 the new chairman announced the plans for a new stadium. Im a little dissapointed with the capacity, ''only'' 61410-seats. I will move at the end of this season (24.6.2043) This gave me some well needed motivation

Its really good to know you can have more than 1 new stadium, because I am in exactly the same situation,

New stadium in 2018 and now fully expanded to 55k and filling it week in week out, but cant expend anymore.

just gotta be patent then :D

It really is a pain getting a new stadium. My Newport team have been in the Prem for 4 seasons and yet we still only have a 15k seater stadium. I'm selling out every match, into the Europa league for the second season and could really do with a new one (no planning permission for expansion). With such a limited income it's hard to maintain a top 5/6 team and I'm having to sell on players once they demand too much for wages.

Archived