Player named ThankGod

IIRC , I read somewhere that people in Africa name their children after events as they were naming their kids after things in the World Cup or the world cup itself.Must be something to do with that ?

In the more religious parts of the Western Sahel, they often name them after virtues or qualities they would like them to have- Goodluck, Prudence, Happiness, Freeborn (i.e. Born Free), Bright. If they name their child Worldcup, then they're hoping they'll represent their country in the World Cup.

Trust me, I'm a scambaiter ;)

IIRC , I read somewhere that people in Africa name their children after events as they were naming their kids after things in the World Cup or the world cup itself.Must be something to do with that ?

Yeah, I remember reading that South African parents named their baby girl FIFA.

ThankGod Amaefule and ThankGod Ike are two real Nigerian players in the game database. Funnily enough though, there's also a regen in my current save called ThankGod Mohammed, which I thought was rather apt.

Now, just imagine you're playing with a team in an Islamic country, say Turkey, you sign the latter player I mentioned and he scores in the last minute of a match. You simply couldn't ask for a better commentary moment ;)

Archived