Work Permit Problem (cannot play but can be loaned out)

I have signed 3 young players at last day of transfer season. I cannot play them but I can loan out to other clubs. Similarly to the Alex in Chelsea, they bought him and loaned out to PSV and now they are able to play. So , what should I do to gain my players work permit ?

There are two ways get get them qualified for a work permit. Either get them nationality in an EU country, or have them meet the international games played requirements (IIRC, it's 75% in the last two years) and offer them a new contract. For the former, the standard way is to loan them to a Belgian club for 3 years, as it's normally the quickest for nationality.

in regards to them playing 75% of international games, the international side has to be in the top NUMBER of international teams. thats why man city couldnt sign that mariga guy that went to inter milan because hes kenyan and although he played enough games thats why he couldnt join cos they werent in the top NUMBER of international teams.

i think thats what happened. i could be wrong though.

I thought the transfer was cancelled if you couldnt get a work permit so how do you go about replicating the Alex scenario?

the majority of the time the transfer does get cancelled (well in most of my games it does), but sometimes it will say player X has not been given a work permit and he will join your team and he will have WP next to his name on the team list.

I thought the transfer was cancelled if you couldnt get a work permit so how do you go about replicating the Alex scenario?

to the last days of transfer window, when there is no time to finish work permit applications ( this is what we called diplomacy), you can buy players in game but never to play until a work perit gained.

Archived