Manager Reputation Silliness

In my current career game, it's 2015, and after moving around a bit in England, I've settled down with Ajax and have had considerable domestic success. Out of curiosity, I thought I'd have a look at the best managers in the world. Suprisingly, there were only two with a rating of "world class":

Carlo Ancelotti who, in his Chelsea days alone (still there), has won 3 Prem titles, 2 Champions Leagues and a couple of FA and League cups, not to mention his achievements with Milan.

and

Me, who's won 3 Eredivisie titles and two Dutch cups and reached the CL semi-fianls once, along with achieving promotion 3 times (from the BBS, BSP and Championship).

No other manager in the world has a rating higher than continental. Yep, somehow the game seems to think that being able to win a so-so league with the best club in it makes me better than, say, someone who can win 2 CLs and a couple of La Liga titles (Pellegrini (sp?) who's still at Real). Maybe I'm denegrating my achievements a bit, and I started as an ex-pro. footballer, so I wasn't building my name completely from scratch, but they surely can't be enough to make me world class when so many other, more succesful managers aren't.

Aye, only two in my game also (it's 2034).

Maybe World Class is the "ceiling". After all, the term 'world class' would be a little less exciting if there were many with this tag. Something to aim for.

Having said that - there does seem to be 125+ World Class non-managing members of staff underneath that (First team coaches, youth coaches, etc)

Aye, only two in my game also (it's 2034).

Maybe World Class is the "ceiling". After all, the term 'world class' would be a little less exciting if there were many with this tag. Something to aim for.

Seems reasonable, but why am I one of the two? :p

Haha, yeah same here. I'm one of the two. But I feel I deserve it! :)

The other guy is 34. And never had a managing job before, which is obviously a little odd.

He's a "manager", but currently only at Real Sociedad as an assistant.

If anyone has a save where they feel they are vastly 'overrated' in terms of reputation, please upload it to our FTP and let me know so we can look into this issue. Thanks.

I'll upload it tonight when I get home if I've got time.

That said, it's not just that I feel I'm vastly overrated - it is too high, but I have proven myself to be successful at every level I've managed at and I've had some interest from top teams (I want to win the CL as Ajax before I leave though), so "continental" would seem plausible - but also that the ratings of AI managers are out of whack. There's no way I should be higher than many of the people I am - several of which probably should be world class.

Also, the way the ratings are described is a little odd, as it puts, say, the manager of Canada who's well known across North America (yet I can't remember who he is :p) at the same level as, say Mourinho who's got a continental rating in Europe.

On a related note, the starting rep for "profesional footballer" seems way to high - or alternatively it needs dividing into two levels. Someone who's spent their entire career in league 2 is an ex-pro, yet with that setting, within 6 months of starting this game at Eastleigh (BSS), I recieved a job offer from Premiership Bolton (which I refused cos it was silly :p). Haven't got a save from that far back, but it's the same game so I dunno if you'll be able to look at it.

Well.. I am one of the 3 world class managers in my save but this was probably because I brought workington up from BSN to Premiership and managed to win it in year 2020/2021. Other than that, I won 1 JPT, 1 FAT, 1 league cup... thats about it. No European success whatsoever. But hey.. I am world class. But bringing up a club from BSN to be crowned champions of premier league is just as hard as winning the champions league imho.

Archived