Should I stay or should I go???

QPR in EPL or Rangers in SPL  

60 members have voted

1. 1. QPR in EPL or Rangers in SPL

• Stay and fight relegation with QPR in the EPL
    • Go to Rangers in the SPL and European football

I would like some feedback from the community about a decision I need to make in my FM10 save. It is the end of the 20011/12 season and I have just won the Championship with QPR. Walter Smith has retired from Rangers and they have low and behold offered my the position at Rangers.

It should be an easy decision but I am struggling here as to what would be a good move. Stay with QPR for their 1st season in the EPL or jump to Rangers in the SPl who finished 2nd to Celtic by 6pts but are in the Champions League. Seems like a no brainer really european football vs a fight against relegation in the EPL.

So what ya reckon folks give me your feedback please.

It is a tough decision really. On here before there was a thread about how manager reputation worked and there was a suggestion in that to jump ship after getting a team promoted as a struggle will diminish your reputation.

It depends really though. Do you feel you have enough resources to build a good squad of QPR to stay up?

I went with the option to stay.

Well the club (QPR) have no debt and I noticed Rangers have like a 30mil pound loan to bank. I do have some decent players imo and some exciting youth. However not enough $$ in bank for new stadium/expansion and the current max capacity is 18500.

And like you said if I fail to stay up there goes my reputation, but...

The biggest temptation is the European competition i will be in. It is also a bigger club in alot of areas vs QPR. Would it not enhance my rep better being in the top 2 of Scotland but mainly being in the european stage?

I would like some feedback from the community about a decision I need to make in my FM10 save. It is the end of the 20011/12 season and I have just won the Championship with QPR. Walter Smith has retired from Rangers and they have low and behold offered my the position at Rangers.

It should be an easy decision but I am struggling here as to what would be a good move. Stay with QPR for their 1st season in the EPL or jump to Rangers in the SPl who finished 2nd to Celtic by 6pts but are in the Champions League. Seems like a no brainer really european football vs a fight against relegation in the EPL.

your wrong the rules changed only the spl champions get in the champions league so celtic is in it and not rangers.am a rangers fan so go there and see what you can do.

your wrong the rules changed only the spl champions get in the champions league so celtic is in it and not rangers.am a rangers fan so go there and see what you can do.

That is in reality and based on coefficients. The coefficients in the game will be different and it changes as you play the game.

I had this had Leeds, although Leeds were out of money, and i wasn't enjoying the challenge. I went to Rangers, did terrible, spent all their money, then after 6 months Fulham came knocking in the relegation zone. Took the job and in 3 years made them into title winners.

so whats the verdict?

going with the crowd and staying loyal with QPR or Making the move to the Ibrox?

Well thanks for the help guys! Not long after my cpu crapped out so only just got it back! Gonna stay and give the EPL a go! Get to face Chelski, Man U, Gooners and Pool. QPR for now!

I think you've made the right decision. While you'd enjoy European football with Rangers in the short-term, you'll hit a ceiling on what you can acheive because the low reputation of the SPL will make it difficult for you to attract quality players. Better to try and develop QPR and / or wait for a better EPL job to come up.

I had a similar dilemma after getting Newport promoted into the Prem, West Ham came along and offered me a contract. They had just finished 4th, had a pretty strong team and healthy finances. Since i'd been with Newport since the Conference I decided to stay on. That season I got relegated but battled back to win promotion again and now 4 seasons later it's West Ham who are struggling each season. Definately the right decision for me in the long run.

Archived