'Looks for the pass rather than attempting to score'

Does this actually work?

Has anyone else bothered assigning this move to a player? What were your results?

I assigned it to Anderson on my Manchester United game, and it hasn't made any effect at all. It is especially frustrating as he has particularly poor finishing and shooting attributes and I thought this move would work brilliantly for him. It's been over a season now that he's had it and I can say it hasn't made any difference at all. Strangely, it actually seems as though he shoots more from distance than he did before.

I have him set as running with the ball often, and through balls often, both are favourited moves of his, and I rarely let him make runs into the area or shoot from distance. His decision making is decent too (14).

I'm a little into my third season now, and so far Anderson has played 16 games and has purchased 27 shots at goal, whilst his midfield partner Fletcher, who I use as my 'goalscoring' midfielder making runs often into the area, has played 14 times and has taken 14 shots. His decision making is a little better at 16, but doesn't have 'Looks for the pass rather than attempting to score'.

It just doesn't add up. Why isn't this working? The one I don't want shooting is shooting too much, and the one I want shooting isn't shooting enough.

It also seems to be getting gradually worse. At first, he was playing the same, having shots here and there. But lately I have noticed he is ignoring players making good runs into the area and instead deciding to shoot from distance. Seeing as though he has 4 for Long Shots, you can imagine why I'm pretty annoyed.

So, 'Tries Killer Balls Often' and 'Looks for the pass rather than attempting to score'. Why isn't it playing out like that?

Whats his creative freedom like?If its high he'll do what he likes. Also where are the rest of the players when he's takng pot shots? If there are no options then he'll just blaze away no matter what you tell him.

I've given it to my full-backs (all 4 of them) as I have them attacking mentality, and they liked shooting. It works if as edgar says you don't have their creative freedom too high. Also does he have the PPM "Likes to shoot from distance", I'm not too sure but I don't think "Looks to pass" will negate this.

Not he has no PPM of shoots from distance although it seems he plays as if he does.

My creatives Freedom is set to normal throughout the team. Only my defenders are on little. I usually play a 442 with him as the holding central midfielder seeing as his finishing is so poor. When the ball does fall out to him, he will usually go crazy taking on players all over the show, then hit a really weak shot wide or rush off a shot from distance. He never used to though, he used to always slide in little cheeky through balls to the strikers and midfielders who were in the area. He still does sometimes, but long shots are becoming an annoying habit of his, as they just don't work.

Not he has no PPM of shoots from distance although it seems he plays as if he does.

My creatives Freedom is set to normal throughout the team. Only my defenders are on little. I usually play a 442 with him as the holding central midfielder seeing as his finishing is so poor. When the ball does fall out to him, he will usually go crazy taking on players all over the show, then hit a really weak shot wide or rush off a shot from distance. He never used to though, he used to always slide in little cheeky through balls to the strikers and midfielders who were in the area. He still does sometimes, but long shots are becoming an annoying habit of his, as they just don't work.

I think Anderson is a player who has a natural tendancy to be very ambitious in his play. I haven't maanged him, but isn't his flair and other similar stats very high.

He has 15 for flair on my game at the minute which isn't too bad. I'm pretty sure it can't be that.

I think I might try getting Rooney doing this PPM as see how successful it is for him.

What really annoys me about this is that he is actually shooting when there is a pass on, which is completely contradictory to what he is supposed to do.

Well I found the wing-back I used this on did still tend to shoot just as much, but most of his shots were when he viewed someone as too heavily marked I think to bother a pass, or they were in an offside position, in which case, he could hold up the ball until they are on-side, or just shoot.

Archived