Could this be considered cheating?

I'm managing Inter Milan in my current FM 2008 save but I lost to a very weak team 1-0, so I exited the game without saving then I decided to get back to it again so I kept holidaying past the match until I lost 1-0 in that same match again to make sure that I'm not cheating, is it possible that this has altered anything in the game? Also is this considered cheating?

It probably has altered the game as there are a lot of, essentially, random elements in the game which will have changed (e.g. other results, injuries). However if you exited accidentaly or in frustration and realised your mistake then I wouldn't call it cheating. If on the other hand there was another advantage you deliberately tried to gain then it is.

It probably has altered the game as there are a lot of, essentially, random elements in the game which will have changed (e.g. other results, injuries). However if you exited accidentaly or in frustration and realised your mistake then I wouldn't call it cheating. If on the other hand there was another advantage you deliberately tried to gain then it is.

Well TBH yes I quit the game in frustration and stopped playing for a week or so then decided to play again so I kept repeating the same match till I lost 1-0 again. There was absolutely no advantage for me in doing so,if anything it was more of a disadvantage since I lost the match. Now should I continue the game or not since maybe it's based on cheating?

Well TBH yes I quit the game in frustration and stopped playing for a week or so then decided to play again so I kept repeating the same match till I lost 1-0 again. There was absolutely no advantage for me in doing so,if anything it was more of a disadvantage since I lost the match. Now should I continue the game or not since maybe it's based on cheating?

Continue the game if you like. If you feel you cheated and want to start fresh then start a new game. I don't see what difference it makes if someone on here thinks it is cheating. You probably haven't even cheated the game anyway but if you think you have and don't want that, then start a new game.

I wouldn't say so. You lost the game, and were trying to make sure when you restarted, that you replicated the result. Nothing more to it.

The problem is that I don't know if replaying that game altered any events/injuries etc. that could have happened if I didn't restart it.

The problem is that I don't know if replaying that game altered any events/injuries etc. that could have happened if I didn't restart it.

It probably did alter events as no 2 matches are going to be exactly alike. You don't know though, and you may never will, if it will benefit you or not. Personally I'd continue.

Depends i suppose if other teams are playing on the same day? Because one of your rivals may of ended up losing instead of winning when you finally get the 1-0 loss you were looking for. But then again... you probably didn't look at other results if you quit in the middle of the game. Otherwise i'd say it wasn't cheating what your trying to do! The only adverse effects would be the person that potentially made the mistake for their goal, meaning they may have a loss of form or confidence?

Well, since you weren't seeking to gain an advantage, no it wasn't cheating.

Personally, I wouldn't have even bothered reproducing the 1-0, there's a risk that things could go even worse. (Star player breaking his leg, etc.)

And remember: some people replay every game they lose and still brag about how brilliant they are.

I don't think you should care, to be blunt.

Have you ever played a FPS? Experienced FPS players call all sorts of things cheating, even perfectly acceptable ones (like lying down), but most people don't care and just define "cheating" as things like going in glitches that aren't supposed to be there. It's similar with FM- there isn't one single standard definition of "cheating", but it's pretty obvious when you have.

You've done your best to re-create the previous situation. Now, forget it, and play on.

Archived