Paying Until End of Contract

velaed.jpg

This is the first time I have signed a player and had his old club pay towards his contract. He wanted 30k a week but I offered 19k a week and then it said Arsenal had agreed to pay him until the end of his contract. Does this happen much? I am guessing it depends on how desperate the selling club are to get rid of the player.

I am pretty sure there was a thread that I cannot find on here recently asking about how come the AI doesn't pay up players contracts for them to move clubs like we have to.

Not too often, but if the player has a big opinion of himself (or has high wages) then it can happen, I had to offload Caceres like this in an old save where I was paying the majority of his (IIRC) £105k wages for 2 years (wasn't my fault, those were his wages at game start).

I don't see the point of selling if you pay till the end of their contract.

It just ends up you paying more on their wages than you recieved from the transfer alot of the time

If the player is unhappy and showing it on the pitch or has fallen out with other members of the staff (both players and coaches) then it may be your only option. All that happened to me with Caceres.

It just ends up you paying more on their wages than you recieved from the transfer alot of the time

If it is a player you really want to get rid of it is useful. If he stayed you would be paying all of his wages as well as obviously not receiving a transfer fee.

If it is a player you really want to get rid of it is useful. If he stayed you would be paying all of his wages as well as obviously not receiving a transfer fee.

I suppose that is true.

But I'd rather hang on to them longer and then sell them without having to pay their wages

I suppose that is true.

But I'd rather hang on to them longer and then sell them without having to pay their wages

I've gotten rid of first-team players for reasons such as being angry over getting fined for being sent off two games in a row (both "Super" cups), so for a case where the only person at the club Martin Caceres gets on with is Martin Caceres I think losing £9m is a good price to pay (after wages reduction and fee taken out of the amount I still had to pay).

But then I can be a bit bloodthirsty.

Its happen to me both ways. I sold Lee Cook and he wanted me to top his wages up till the end of his contract which I agreed to as It still ment a big drop in my wage budget even paying his top up. Also I signed Gabbion from West Ham offered him $10k week and he accepted as West Ham topped the rest up

velaed.jpg

This is the first time I have signed a player and had his old club pay towards his contract. He wanted 30k a week but I offered 19k a week and then it said Arsenal had agreed to pay him until the end of his contract. Does this happen much? I am guessing it depends on how desperate the selling club are to get rid of the player.

I am pretty sure there was a thread that I cannot find on here recently asking about how come the AI doesn't pay up players contracts for them to move clubs like we have to.

i had seen that thread to... glad to see it can happen both ways :)

thanks for clearing it up hehe

I usually got more from the transfers than I payed for the player. And depending on the player I guess I did it anyway once or twice when the transfer fee was lower than the money I had to pay. Why pay him in full and never play him when I can get rid of him that way when nobody else wants him? :)

Archived