Paying off debt

Ive not seen it, the only time i have seen debt cleared is if the club got a new owner who cleared it as part of the takeover.

Having said that, theres nothing stopping you from using an editor to cancel the debt payments and then taking the value of the debt away from your clubs funds.

I wouldnt consider that cheating as its something that boards realy should look at if they have enough cash floating around.

For instance my club value had gone from "okay" with about £60m total value and £30m debt to "rich" with about £300m and still the same debt.

I think it happens sometimes. It definitely used to anyway on previous games. However it not as easy as saying I have a balance of £100m so want to pay off my £30m debt and still have £70m. Interest payments pay a huge part and what brambleten said is probably true also.

Early payments result in more interest, so if you wish to pay off £14 million, you could possibly pay an extra £8 million on top of that through interest. (just an example so don't jump on my back as the figures aren't exact).

It should be an option if there's enough available really. I'd like to see more control over finances. (to those who say 'managers don't have control in real life yadayada' it's a game and we should have more control).

Archived