Problem with Football Manager

Hey guys i just downloaded the FM2010 10.3 Patch for the game..i play by using the disc...

Now when i go 2 play this comes up

" not well-informed (invalid token) at line 1 of default.xml "

Can anyone please help me to resolve this problem as i'm playing with AFC Telford and doing quite well..now into the blue square premier and have a good chance of getting promoted (Year 2)

• Administrators

Hi,

Do a manual uninstall as described here - http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4455346&postcount=10

Let me know how you get on after reinstalling and patching up to 10.3. Thanks.

See thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/215625-not-well-informed-(invalid-token)-at-line-1-of-default.xml?highlight=well-informed+%28invalid+token%29+line+default.xml

Let us know how you are getting on with the manual uninstall and reinstalling. Please check that you have the correct Patch download - there are different versions; make sure you have the correct one for the disk version. You can find the various downloads here.

Thanks

ok then, i uninstalled then i reinstalling using the disc...it is working ok...but the the thing as before comes up...i click ok it comes up again i click ok and then it works..my file from before is there..i'm happy about that.... one last thing how do i know if the Fm2010 10.3 patch is now installed in it?? where can i check this ??

Final question: In the new football manager 2011 will this be happenin again??

• Administrators
ok then, i uninstalled then i reinstalling using the disc...it is working ok...but the the thing as before comes up...i click ok it comes up again i click ok and then it works..my file from before is there..i'm happy about that.... one last thing how do i know if the Fm2010 10.3 patch is now installed in it?? where can i check this ??

Final question: In the new football manager 2011 will this be happenin again??

You can check that the patch is correctly installed in two ways:

1. Go to Game Setup and the Game 'Version' should correctly view as running the 10.3 patch.

2. In the Game startup screen, Click the button that says "Check for updates".

Let us know if you are having any problems.

Thanks.

hey there..i checked there and the version is 10.0 so the patch isn't the new one....should i try ti install the new patch 10.3 or should i leave it and play and with the one i have...

Last time i installed the 10.3 football manager wouldn't work..what do ye tink guys?

• Administrators

Hi,

Could you be a bit more specific - did you:

1. Manually uninstall your game? Link: http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4455346&postcount=10

2. Did you then, reinstall your game?

3. After reinstalling; did you then try to install the 10.3 patch - the correct version - as listed?: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/192934-ANNOUNCEMENT!-Patch-10.3-Released!

4. Then check in-game that the patch is installed by clicking "Check for Updates" on the start page or by checking the Game Status screen or the Preferences screen.

= 5. Game patched successfully.

Please try all the steps above and the game should successfully patch.

Hope this helps. Do let us know how you get on.

ok i manually uninstalled the game.. then i reinstalled my game...then it's was working ok...even with a little problem....now i just downloaded the patch 10.3 and now it won't work at all...

I used the first link and downloaded the game to let ye know!..what's coming up now is .." not well-informed (invalid token) at line 1 of default.xml "

what should i do???

Advice please!! :D

ok i manually uninstalled the game.. then i reinstalled my game...then it's was working ok...even with a little problem....now i just downloaded the patch 10.3 and now it won't work at all...

I used the first link and downloaded the game to let ye know!..what's coming up now is .." not well-informed (invalid token) at line 1 of default.xml "

what should i do???

Advice please!! :D

When you are uninstalling the game manually, are you showing your hidden files and then deleting the application data folder? Also dont have your game running when you patch. make sure you have the boxed version of the patch.

Dont use any downloaded graphcs or skins as this could be the problem.

hey ..i'm uninstalling the game manually... that's all then reinstalling .... the game wasn't runnin during my download of the patch 10.3 so ... oh and i don't use any downloaded graphic or anything loik that..wot should i do?? any ideas?

i don't evening know what ur talking about?? so the answer has to be NO..I believe..

wot i do??

To be honest with you I cant do any more for you. You have been given a link to step by step instructions about 3 times already in this thread. If you can't follow simple step by step instructions then theres really no hope. :confused:

I asked you if you have enabled your hidden files and deleted the Application Data folder. If you had followed the instructions, im sure you would know you have deleted it. The fact you didnt have a clue what I was talking about would suggest you haven't. Everything you need to do is in the instructions. I suggest you follow them properly and do exactly as it says. Deleting the Application Data folder is probably what you need to do to resolve this.

Do that along with all the other instructions. If your game still doesnt work, come back and let us know!

hey guys i'm now in my football manager folder..in the setting one to be exact..what folder do i delete i've been following the instructions here..

I am receiving other XML errors.

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

My Computer

'Organize'

'Folder and Search Options'.

The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Delete the following folder:

Vista:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings ...I'm Unable to locate this !!!...i have it in front of me .. Can someone help please

This may solve some issues regarding the XML Errors.

Oh wait i just got it ..Yes Finally..

Thx everyone for all yer help!!

The only thing is I lost my saved game which i'm disappointed over

The newest patch is in as well!!

hey guys i'm now in my football manager folder..in the setting one to be exact..what folder do i delete i've been following the instructions here..

I am receiving other XML errors.

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

My Computer

'Organize'

'Folder and Search Options'.

The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Delete the following folder:

Vista:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings ...I'm Unable to locate this !!!...i have it in front of me .. Can someone help please

This may solve some issues regarding the XML Errors.

Oh wait i just got it ..Yes Finally..

Thx everyone for all yer help!!

The only thing is I lost my saved game which i'm disappointed over

The newest patch is in as well!!

There you go. Wasn't hard to follow the instructions was it

Archived