Other Countries Not Producing Players!?

Hello,

I've just finished the 2014/15 season, and I manage in England. I've just decided to have a look through the youth teams of a few other countries, and to my horror, the youth teams are filled entirely of greyed out players, and the even the first teams are made up of half grey players.

It's not a problem for England, Spain, Italy, Brazil or Argentina (which I have set to run) but for the rest, which I have on View Only, they are not producing any players whatsoever!? This is game-breaking bug. Basically within a few more years the likes of Bayern, Lyon and co. won't even be remotely challenging in the European competitions, Germany, France, Holland, Portugal et al will have very poor NT's come 2020 onwards.

I realise that it's because I've set them to View Only, but surely, surely SI can't have been so short-sighted that they would allow only countries that are Playable to produce youth? If I had known I would have made a few more countries Playable, even though it would probably have slowed my game to a crawl. It would have been necessary, because as it is, there is only going to be five competition nations at future World Cups and only going to be 12 good teams in the Champions League, 9 in the Europa League, and so on. Which is utterly pointless.

My question is why, why on earth did SI think it would be a good idea to stop countries that aren't "Playable" from producing and young players whatsoever?

I have a very similar problem and I think it's due to the database size. My laptop can only run small so the other nations have very few players to start with, and also produce hardly any.

Think about it - whatever database size you pick gives you a set number of players in the game, but any active leagues are fully simulated with all the players in those leagues. Thus the more active leagues you have the less players the game can produce from other nations for your database size. Similarly, the smaller your database, the greater the proportion of players needed for the active leagues and so the fewer number of players produced in other countries across the world.

Cheers for the replies.

Yes, that might well be it. I'm not sure what size the DB is, but I have an inkling that I did set it to Small. That might well be it.

If I set it to Medium then, will that solve this problem? Or do I need to set it to Large?

Ta.

Alright Seftinho, how's things? ;)

Yea, setting it to medium will help a lot. You may also considering setting the database to custom and loading the player of a few nations, this will help them generate a lot more regens. This is recommendable if you want to footballing world to remain stable, so letting Bordeaux/Lyon/Bayern etc. get far in European competitions (although after about 10/15 years, they will be less good than most teams from the loaded leagues) and keeping national teams at an acceptable level.

Cheers for the replies.

Yes, that might well be it. I'm not sure what size the DB is, but I have an inkling that I did set it to Small. That might well be it.

If I set it to Medium then, will that solve this problem? Or do I need to set it to Large?

Ta.

The bigger database you select the more new players will be generated, so it is up to you to find a balance you are happy with.

You could also load players from the top clubs at the start, this will make sure the bigger clubs will always have lots of players which is useful if you are playing in Europe regularly.

Archived