Manager points/ hall of fame

Could anybody at SI tell me if these count towards being offered a job?

I ask because as posted in another thread i was sacked by FMH United and then spent the next 2 years applying for other premiership teams and a few championship teams only to be turned down and the job going to another manager with much less points and way down in the hall of fame, sometimes they werent even on the hall of fame or had manager points as it was their 1st job. I eventually was offered a job in league 1 by Plymouth despite sitting in 3rd in the hall of fame and achevieving a lot with FMH united (back to back promotions to get them from the BSP to the Prem). If they are not taken into consideration what is the purpose of them?

I have also noticed that other managers get a LOT more patience from the board than what i do e.g Rafa Benitez has been under pressure from fans and keeps getting the boards backing for the last 4 years and he still has a job where as i get a few messages and then im sacked, this does not seem fair to me. it has nothing to do with money spent as i have spent very little throughout my career (see the postts in the FMH United thread)

Could anybody from SI give me an answer to these quereies and also has anybody else experienced this situation?

I ask because as posted in another thread i was sacked by FMH United and then spent the next 2 years applying for other premiership teams and a few championship teams only to be turned down and the job going to another manager with much less points and way down in the hall of fame, sometimes they werent even on the hall of fame or had manager points as it was their 1st job. I eventually was offered a job in league 1 by Plymouth despite sitting in 3rd in the hall of fame and achevieving a lot with FMH united (back to back promotions to get them from the BSP to the Prem). If they are not taken into consideration what is the purpose of them?

I have also noticed that other managers get a LOT more patience from the board than what i do e.g Rafa Benitez has been under pressure from fans and keeps getting the boards backing for the last 4 years and he still has a job where as i get a few messages and then im sacked, this does not seem fair to me. it has nothing to do with money spent as i have spent very little throughout my career (see the postts in the FMH United thread)

Could anybody from SI give me an answer to these quereies and also has anybody else experienced this situation?

I remember for FMH08 we asked for more job opportunities, not sackings!!! In fact in FMH07 it was the other way around. You could take a club down two divisions and then spend several seasons in that lower division and not get sacked.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mightyowl28:

I can say I've noticed this a lot (hence my suggestion in the unlockables thread!).

It's also a reason I always use the 'disable human sackin' unlockable, I've been sacked, what I beleive, very unfairly an number of times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ive yet to unlock disable human sackings as i keep getting sacked after about 6 seasons even if i think im doing well, see my latest post in the ideas for FMH09 thread

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridley99:

Could anybody from SI give me an answer to these quereies and also has anybody else experienced this situation? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was going to post something similar.

It's really annoying that you can't really have a proper career. I usually start as a championship/league 1 club and take them to the top. Then, whenever i apply for a good job eg Utd,L'pool,Arsenal i never get it, even though i've got loads more points than the other managers. It's very annoying and it's the same with the england job, i can never get it!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mightyowl28:

not downloaded the unlockables?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its the last one ive got to unlock and then ive done them all getting a bit annoyed now may have to use a download to get the last one

This has always been the case in every FM/CM I've ever played. It's why I never start with a lower club - because I know I'd be stuck with them for the rest of time. This game should make it the same or slightly easier than real life to move up to new jobs, not much harder. I've never understood why it's like this.

I always thought it was difficult to get jobs too but when i was playing the FC United of Manchester challenge last nite alex ferguson took the portugal job and i applied for United and got it and this was in november of season 1 so only a few months in so im not sure how jobs work icon_confused.gif (i did reject it tho coz im doing a challenge)

• 3 weeks later...

Also why is it so impossible to get the England job?

I have won every domestic trophy at least 3 times and have had national success with France winning the Euro Championships and finishing 2nd in world cup but still the fA give the England job to lesser qualified managers.

Why is this Marc/SI?

Imagine a real life ENGLISHMAN having this much success and being desparate for the England job and not being considered for it. I'm starting to wonder if you have some skeletons in your closet, Ridley. There much be some reason they don't want to offer you the job! Are you the secret love child of Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Reagan? Do you have some interesting criminal history we don't know about? Come on, Ridley. Cough it up!

just to let you know mate they gave it to Gary Neville who had just retired from my team and it was his first ever management position. I turned the air blue when i seen who they picked over me.

As for the skeleton i wonder if the FA were scared that they were actually going to pick the man that gave them success and were to scared to actually want to win anything! lol

Archived