SI needs to fix this problem

SI seriously needs to fix the issue with the injury game time exceeding the said time limits. This is happening far to often for me for it to be some random event (Im not saying there is a conspiracy). I just think it is a serious flaw in the game. I have also read on here many other people complaining about this.

Now I have never once used a cheat in game. I never save my game and redo matches I lose, what will be will be is how I play. Ive only ever downloaded one addition to the game, that being Superbladesman English league 11 set up. So I feel this is a problem the AI is not handling properly.

In my last game I was winning 1-0 at home. In the 80th minute I switched to a defensive mode, I had 67% of the possesion to that point. At the 90 minute mark +2 minutes are added on. I hold them to two shots which were long range and wide in that time. But the game keeps playing at +7...+ 7 f'n minutes the AI scores on a kick from their keeper to a streaking striker as he jabs the ball past my bewildered keeper. Boom as the ball is reset full time is called. This happens at least once in a game month to me where I am tied or winning and the AI goes over the suggested time limit to score a goal to tie or sometimes win the game (mostly tie though).

This game was a game I seriously needed to win as I took over the team at the end October in 22nd position in CCL1 and Ive gotten them after 3 months up to 17th position (actually tied for 15th). With the loss it now drops me back down to 19th going into February. I took over the team of Rotherham who the pervious year had gone from CCL2 up to CCL1 so the players are not quite as good.

Ive never had an expierence where I was behind and the injury time goes over +1 what is suggested, in fact it stops almost on the dot of the suggested time. Why then does the AI get an extra +5 with which to score.

I would love to hear what others think, but please don't come on and say "Its your tactics". I have brought this team out of the bottom of the league and have done very well with my tactics. Im using a 6-1-0-1-2 of my own design. Playing a very slow, possession oriented tactic. The most goals we've given up since I took over is 3 in the FA cup 3rd round to Nottenham forest who are in the Prem. I usually give up 1 goal with several clean sweeps since taking over.

Doesn't this happen in real life as well?

I've never seen a game where the ref shows +2 minutes of extra play and then an extra +5 on top of that are actually played. Yet this happens often in FM

I've never seen a game where the ref shows +2 minutes of extra play and then an extra +5 on top of that are actually played. Yet this happens often in FM

Well, if you replaced "often" with "almost never" I would agree with you. I would say on average I get an additional 1 or 2 minutes which isn't unrealistic. Do you have time wasting set to extra high?

Time added on is a 'minimum' and is at the refs discretion and anything that occurs in those minutes can add to it also. It happens IRL it happens in FM. It happens for you and against you, but human behaviour being what it is means you only remember when it goes against you.

There is no 'problem' that SI need to fix, its just football.

Time added on is a 'minimum' and is at the refs discretion and anything that occurs in those minutes can add to it also. It happens IRL it happens in FM. It happens for you and against you, but human behaviour being what it is means you only remember when it goes against you.

There is no 'problem' that SI need to fix, its just football.

Please give me one example of a game IRL where +5 extra minutes were played after the +2 that were "suggested".

Human behaviour has nothing to do with it. I won 3 games in a row by 2 goals or more and the clock stopped directly on the + time mark. I lost several games and of them all stopped directly on the + time mark. But when its 0-0 or 1-0 the AI seemingly are getting bonus time to score. Please, please, please give me an example of this happening IRL. Mind this particular game I watched the entire 90 minutes plus, only 1 foul was called and no injuries and no goals. Therefore there should not be an extra 5 minutes needed.

Well, if you replaced "often" with "almost never" I would agree with you. I would say on average I get an additional 1 or 2 minutes which isn't unrealistic. Do you have time wasting set to extra high?

Please tell me what team you are using in your current save. If I had to guess Id guess you are at a very high level team see (Man U or Real Madrid, etc.). When playing as those teams its much easier to score 4 to 5 goals a game and win by a large amount and this additional time is not noted by you. Whereas I'm playing with a "minnow" and every game Im fighting the drop to the relegation zone (please remember I started at the end of October) and when I should have won a game to see tons of additional time just get played for no reason, well it tends to get me a bit angry.

Please give me one example of a game IRL where +5 extra minutes were played after the +2 that were "suggested".

Human behaviour has nothing to do with it. I won 3 games in a row by 2 goals or more and the clock stopped directly on the + time mark. I lost several games and of them all stopped directly on the + time mark. But when its 0-0 or 1-0 the AI seemingly are getting bonus time to score. Please, please, please give me an example of this happening IRL. Mind this particular game I watched the entire 90 minutes plus, only 1 foul was called and no injuries and no goals. Therefore there should not be an extra 5 minutes needed.

What about the Manc derby last year when Owen scored 3 minutes over time added on?

I can tell that you are going to be one of these people who never admits that they are just ranting and that really there is no problem at all (because there isn't and you are just ranting) so my final comment will be:

If you seriously think there is a problem then you need to visit the bugs forum, start a thread and upload 'evidence'. I'm fairly certain that you won't do that though, most of the whiners in GD are all the same, will cry and cry about a 'bug' and as soon as someone mentions the bug forum they either disappear, shut up or say something like ' I shouldn't have to help SI make their games better'. About 1 percent actually go and register it as a bug.

Which one are you?

I agree, it isn't a bug.

It does happen to me, but i can remember times when i've scored +5 mins into extra time to win or tie a game with only 2 mins added on. As was said previously, it's a minimum amount of added time. Any substitutions made or injuries incurred during that time, the ref can add additional time on as he sees fit. It happens a lot in real life too, you often see more time allotted than what goes up on the fourth officials board, it's just very rare that it ends up being more then 1 or 2...

You shouldn't be getting 7 minutes from 2 added on, unless you're Man Utd of course ;) How often has this happened? If it's a one off case, then there really isn't a problem. If it's happening a lot then there could be something in it. You say it happens once a month in game time but I'm assuming it's not an extra 5 minutes added on every time?

• Administrators

To be honest, often when this does happen (and we have noticed it on occasions) there was an injury actually in injury time which extended it. If this is not the case with your examples, please upload a pkm of the match itself up onto the FTP and we'll look into it. Thanks.

The only time I have ever experienced added time being put on to injury time, is when there has been an injury. I wouldn't be surprised if time wasting added to this as well.

For me it's completely realistic and part of the game.

I hope SI don't listen to these sort of comments, because if they did, we would end up with a completely sterile unrealistic game. People just don't seem to be able to handle there team losing because of some unfair circumstances. It's part of playing football.

Can you imagine the thread spam in these forums if a player had a shot that hit the crossbar and went over the line, only not to be given as a goal? Personally, I think this would be a fantastic addition to the already very realistic FM SIMULATOR. Sadly though, it will probably never happen because too many people would cry bug.

You shouldn't be getting 7 minutes from 2 added on, unless you're Man Utd of course ;) How often has this happened? If it's a one off case, then there really isn't a problem. If it's happening a lot then there could be something in it. You say it happens once a month in game time but I'm assuming it's not an extra 5 minutes added on every time?

No the +7 has only happened that one time in my memory of at least this save, usually its the 2 or 3 extra minutes. And as I said before when your playing as a team that is dominating say like Man U or even in my last save I had a really great time playing as Old Bradwell United in the Superbm league 11 and up. I never noticed it because if it did happen it didnt really effect me because my team was good and I was very rarely in a situation like 0-0 or 1-0. Other saves Ive had, Ive usually used Prem league teams not only England but also Norway, Spain, Italy et al. So the teams are good and Im not in a situation where every game can mean relegation or not.

What about the Manc derby last year when Owen scored 3 minutes over time added on?

I can tell that you are going to be one of these people who never admits that they are just ranting and that really there is no problem at all (because there isn't and you are just ranting) so my final comment will be:

If you seriously think there is a problem then you need to visit the bugs forum, start a thread and upload 'evidence'. I'm fairly certain that you won't do that though, most of the whiners in GD are all the same, will cry and cry about a 'bug' and as soon as someone mentions the bug forum they either disappear, shut up or say something like ' I shouldn't have to help SI make their games better'. About 1 percent actually go and register it as a bug.

Which one are you?

If you are saying it has happened and this is your example than I say thank you. See I live in Japan (but Im American) and I can't watch soccer other than the Japanese leagues. Here they are really strict on the time limits and honestly Ive only seen the time limit extended (past the suggested time) twice in 5 years of being here. Now in no way shape or form have I seen every game but I do watch the nightly news and if this were to happen I think (not certain but think) this would be mentioned. Japanese people are very conspiracy driven and as can be seen by the recent baseball fixing/gambling scandals and the ongoing sumo scandals the constant yakuza conspiracy is talked about. If there were fixing or bad ref calls in the soccer here it would be publicized.

To be honest, often when this does happen (and we have noticed it on occasions) there was an injury actually in injury time which extended it. If this is not the case with your examples, please upload a pkm of the match itself up onto the FTP and we'll look into it. Thanks.

Thank you for your support. Honestly it does happen to me but its again usually of the 1 or 2 minutes over variety and since my team is not really great I can sort of understand it happening. I was just really upset that after 90 minutes my team was still winning, then after 92 min (with the +2 time suggested) we were still winning. It took until the 97th min for us to give up a goal and Im sure the AI had switched to an all out attack mode somewhere around the 80th minute. I play the game on an older pc that doesn't have an internet hookup. I have no idea how to send the match itself in since Im not playing on this PC.

If you say Im off base with my feelings, I will retract what I said and not mention it again. I have much respect for you guys and I love the game, just want to see it at its best.

Well considering that the actual rule is:

Allowance is made in either period for all time lost through:

• substitutions

• assessment of injury to players

• removal of injured players from the fi eld of play for treatment

• wasting time

• any other cause

The allowance for time lost is at the discretion of the referee.

From here, page 27; it is in fact clear that the referee can play as much time as he sees fit. The board which is commonly hel up at around 90mins is just a courtesy for TV purposes, and can be completely disregarded by the ref (or has the OP never seen a major injury or time-wasting taking place in injury time).

• substitutions

• wasting time

• any other cause

From here, page 27; it is in fact clear that the referee can play as much time as he sees fit. The board which is commonly hel up at around 90mins is just a courtesy for TV purposes, and can be completely disregarded by the ref (or has the OP never seen a major injury or time-wasting taking place in injury time).

See that is the thing. Yes I have seen these situations and yes I agree in those situations no complaints would have came from me. But as I wrote above none of this happened. There was no injury major or minor anytime near the injury time. Also there was no time-wasting taking place because they had the ball almost the entire time and they were trying to score. In my case is it possible, please tell me if it is possible there was a mistake made by the AI which gave the opposition extra time that should not have been given?

I think this is a problem. Not a major one, but one that can be very annoying in specific circumstances. I fully appreciate and understand the reasons given as to why added time can sometimes overrun the amount signalled by the 4th official, but it nonetheless does seem to happen more often than IRL and hence, IMO, it needs tweaking for FM11.

I think this is a problem. Not a major one, but one that can be very annoying in specific circumstances. I fully appreciate and understand the reasons given as to why added time can sometimes overrun the amount signalled by the 4th official, but it nonetheless does seem to happen more often than IRL and hence, IMO, it needs tweaking for FM11.

Thank you, I appreciate someone else has actually had the same problem and feels it could be improved upon. I certainly don't think it should be axed or anything as some people above hinted at. I just want it tweaked so poorer teams are not penalized against stronger competition so often.

Thank you, I appreciate someone else has actually had the same problem and feels it could be improved upon. I certainly don't think it should be axed or anything as some people above hinted at. I just want it tweaked so poorer teams are not penalized against stronger competition so often.

Hadn't considered that - is that what you've found? If so, an argument could be made that IRL, teams with bigger status get more benefit of doubt with stoppage time e.g. the world famous "Fergie time"!

Re. the general issue though, my view is the same, just needs looking at. :)

• substitutions

• wasting time

• any other cause

See that is the thing. Yes I have seen these situations and yes I agree in those situations no complaints would have came from me. But as I wrote above none of this happened. There was no injury major or minor anytime near the injury time. Also there was no time-wasting taking place because they had the ball almost the entire time and they were trying to score. In my case is it possible, please tell me if it is possible there was a mistake made by the AI which gave the opposition extra time that should not have been given?

Just to show you how much you've missed the point of my arguement, I bolded it. The rules explicity state that injury time is solely at the discretion of the referee, no other opinion or facts matter. Everything else is corollary to that fact.

In future if you're going to argue, or discuss, with me, please do me the courtesy of actually reading my post and responding to it, not some fantasy straw-man you've just dreamed up.

Hadn't considered that - is that what you've found? If so, an argument could be made that IRL, teams with bigger status get more benefit of doubt with stoppage time e.g. the world famous "Fergie time"!

Re. the general issue though, my view is the same, just needs looking at. :)

Yes I do believe that to be true, in that stronger (bigger) teams get more benefit of the doubt. Same in American sports (Im American) where teams like the Yankees or Lakers or go to college sports where Duke basketball or Florida football get so many calls there way. One thing in American sports though its either you are a fan of the Yankees or hate them, no in between. Since Im not from the UK is it the same in regards to teams like Man U or Chelsea?

Im a fan of the weakest baseball team in the states (the Orioles) and they play in the same division as the Yankees and so when they play it seems Yankee players get better calls 9 out of 10 times. If that is true for the UK or other countries football leauges than I guess my complaint has no way to be fixed and I'll just have to try and roll with the punches.

Just to show you how much you've missed the point of my arguement, I bolded it. The rules explicity state that injury time is solely at the discretion of the referee, no other opinion or facts matter. Everything else is corollary to that fact.

In future if you're going to argue, or discuss, with me, please do me the courtesy of actually reading my post and responding to it, not some fantasy straw-man you've just dreamed up.

Right, no straw-men were created as I answered several of your key points there in your post. I also said I wouldn't have complained if the situation where as you said, but you can ignore that part if you like.

But lets take a look at where I think it could be fixed. Take for example baseball where the head umpire has the same rights to make the final decision. A few weeks ago a pitcher had a chance for a perfect game (very, very rare) and it was screwed up by the first base umpire on what should have been the final out of the game. MLB came out and said it won't over turn the decision even though the umpire was wrong...they publically said the umpire was wrong. He apologized and it was forgiven, but no amount of apologies will bring back what should have been a perfect game for that young pitcher.

Now if the referee sees fit to give extra time (more time then was suggested) and say its a big team like Man City vs say a Fulham and Fulham get shafted, doesnt the Fulham manager or team owner have a right to complain about the unfairness of the decision? Don't you think they would complain? And if it was obviously a bad call would the FA come out and apologize?

Right, no straw-men were created as I answered several of your key points there in your post. I also said I wouldn't have complained if the situation where as you said, but you can ignore that part if you like.

Considering I had only one point which I actually bolded for you to make it clear, you must be a bloody genius to see more than one point in my post. Oh, wait seeing imaginary points is not genius, I'm done here, goodbye.

But lets take a look at where I think it could be fixed. Take for example baseball where the head umpire has the same rights to make the final decision. A few weeks ago a pitcher had a chance for a perfect game (very, very rare) and it was screwed up by the first base umpire on what should have been the final out of the game. MLB came out and said it won't over turn the decision even though the umpire was wrong...they publically said the umpire was wrong. He apologized and it was forgiven, but no amount of apologies will bring back what should have been a perfect game for that young pitcher.

Now if the referee sees fit to give extra time (more time then was suggested) and say its a big team like Man City vs say a Fulham and Fulham get shafted, doesnt the Fulham manager or team owner have a right to complain about the unfairness of the decision? Don't you think they would complain? And if it was obviously a bad call would the FA come out and apologize?

How are those examples in anyway linked.

A referee in football hasn't made a mistake by adding on more time than originally shown, its entirely within his remit. In fact he is doing you a favour by even giving you an estimate as you approach 90 minutes.

Something that hasn't been included so far that I want to bring up is that referees usually don't end the match when one team is attacking. They will wait unless the attack is complete and the ball is cleared into a neutral area before blowing the whistle.

Considering I had only one point which I actually bolded for you to make it clear, you must be a bloody genius to see more than one point in my post. Oh, wait seeing imaginary points is not genius, I'm done here, goodbye.

Glad to meet you, welcome to the ignore list ;).

How are those examples in anyway linked.

A referee in football hasn't made a mistake by adding on more time than originally shown, its entirely within his remit. In fact he is doing you a favour by even giving you an estimate as you approach 90 minutes.

Something that hasn't been included so far that I want to bring up is that referees usually don't end the match when one team is attacking. They will wait unless the attack is complete and the ball is cleared into a neutral area before blowing the whistle.

Ok the point I was making was in that baseball example the umpire has the final call on out or safe, and he completly blew it. The whole country saw on hundreds and thousands of replays that he was wrong but it is his call to make. Same as in football for the full time. Now on to my point, what exactly constitutes attacking because the whistle usually blows, even if my team is attacking, right around the suggested time. I have explained that the team I was against had been in all out attack mode since around the 80 minute mark so the ref can decide to wait until they finally do get a goal before calling it? Thanks for clearing that up, I guess no game needs ever end until all attacking stops. I saved at least 6 shots from them after the 92nd minute was over.

Glad to meet you, welcome to the ignore list ;).

That will be your loss. Brian is one of the few intelligent posters in GD who is also helpful. Honestly there aren't enough like him for you to ignore what he's got to say even if you don't agree or like it.

I also have this problem, recently played MAn Utd (the experts of added on time winners) and there is a inital extra time of 3 minitues, which is realistic. But then, the ref, from nowhere, carries the game on for another 4-7 minitues and, surprise surprise, the Ginger nut himself Paul Scholes pops up and scores the winner. :eek: But, I just restart the game from a recent save point and go on to win the match 3-1. (That is acceptable because i was CHEATED out of a draw)

Ok the point I was making was in that baseball example the umpire has the final call on out or safe, and he completly blew it. The whole country saw on hundreds and thousands of replays that he was wrong but it is his call to make. Same as in football for the full time. .

Not at all.

Your example is the same as a goal not being given after crossing the line (eg Lampard for England) or an offside not being given.

It is in no way, shape or form the same as the referee blowing for fulltime.

That will be your loss. Brian is one of the few intelligent posters in GD who is also helpful. Honestly there aren't enough like him for you to ignore what he's got to say even if you don't agree or like it.

Intelligent or not, I don't like insults being thrown my way. He posted a set of rules about how the game could be extended and I answered that he instead of staying on point he threw out "straw-man" and "not genious" at me so if he is an intelligent poster than the level of intellegence is lower than I expected.

I also have this problem, recently played MAn Utd (the experts of added on time winners) and there is a inital extra time of 3 minitues, which is realistic. But then, the ref, from nowhere, carries the game on for another 4-7 minitues and, surprise surprise, the Ginger nut himself Paul Scholes pops up and scores the winner. :eek: But, I just restart the game from a recent save point and go on to win the match 3-1. (That is acceptable because i was CHEATED out of a draw)

You weren't cheated out of a draw but you chose to cheapen your save by cheating yourself.

Were Man City cheated out of a draw at Old Trafford last season? :p

I had a similar situation on FM09. I was managing Man United and we are at Anfield. I can't remember if it was a winner or equaliser Torres scored for Liverpool. But it came in the 7th minute of stoppage time and there was supposed to be only 4 minutes added on. :(

Anyway that is just the way the game goes.

Not at all.

Your example is the same as a goal not being given after crossing the line (eg Lampard for England) or an offside not being given.

It is in no way, shape or form the same as the referee blowing for fulltime.

But it is, do you watch baseball? Are you aware with that particular incident? Because the game was extended past the time it should have been the game could have been lost on the next batter. If the correct call was made the game was over. But it was botched and the next batter could have hit a home run and changed the game from a loss to a win. That is very much the same as full time IMO. By allowing the game to continue to be played over the suggested time limit with out a good reason, it amounts to a bad call.

But it is, do you watch baseball? Are you aware with that particular incident? Because the game was extended past the time it should have been the game could have been lost on the next batter. If the correct call was made the game was over. But it was botched and the next batter could have hit a home run and changed the game from a loss to a win. That is very much the same as full time IMO. By allowing the game to continue to be played over the suggested time limit with out a good reason, it amounts to a bad call.

I don't watch Baseball and haven't seen the incident you describe but I am familiar with the rules.

Even trying to compare a stop and start sport where time isn't an issue with one that is ruled by time is a non-starter.

How can you not understand that the referee isn't making a bad call, its his choice when the game ends.

Were Man City cheated out of a draw at Old Trafford last season? :p

I had a similar situation on FM09. I was managing Man United and we are at Anfield. I can't remember if it was a winner or equaliser Torres scored for Liverpool. But it came in the 7th minute of stoppage time and there was supposed to be only 4 minutes added on. :(

Anyway that is just the way the game goes.

Right, and were you pretty angry at the situation? What if that game was your make it or break it final of the year and had you won, you had the prem championship but instead you end up in 2nd. Thats my problem with this, everyone can throw out the it happens IRL it should happen in the game. But so many other things happen IRL as well that aren't in the game so tweaking this one problem is not IMO asking for too much.

Intelligent or not, I don't like insults being thrown my way. He posted a set of rules about how the game could be extended and I answered that he instead of staying on point he threw out "straw-man" and "not genious" at me so if he is an intelligent poster than the level of intellegence is lower than I expected.

Hardly insulting comments. A slightly aggressive (for this read: exasperated) post maybe, but they weren't really insulting.

As for the bolded bit, I fear you are going to be sorely disappointed ;)

I don't watch Baseball and haven't seen the incident you describe but I am familiar with the rules.

Even trying to compare a stop and start sport where time isn't an issue with one that is ruled by time is a non-starter.

How can you not understand that the referee isn't making a bad call, its his choice when the game ends.

Right and if this happens to your favorite team IRL and it affects your season as your team could have a bad reaction to the loss or tie when the game should have finished, wouldn't you be calling for the officials head? I remember at this past world cup how the Ger-Eng officials were given tons of security after the match because of how drunk/angry English fans "might" cause trouble.

Bad calls happen, Im not arguing that and Im not saying do away with them. But my team in this game reacted bad to the tie and I was already fighting relegation to begin with and since this "swoon" started after that one game, I'd have to say if affected my season pretty strongly.

And for you to say stop and start sports and time sports aren't comparable, I say expand your comfort zone and watch. MLB has a time limit rule on how much time a pitcher can wait in between pitches, how much time a batter can wait so on and so forth. Yes football is a faster sport than baseball, but if you don't watch Baseball how can you say they aren't comparable. Baseball is not Cricket.

Right, and were you pretty angry at the situation? What if that game was your make it or break it final of the year and had you won, you had the prem championship but instead you end up in 2nd. Thats my problem with this, everyone can throw out the it happens IRL it should happen in the game. But so many other things happen IRL as well that aren't in the game so tweaking this one problem is not IMO asking for too much.

I was a little annoyed and would have been more annoyed if it was a league decider but don't want it taken out as it happens in reality. However it is just as likely to go in your favour. Imagine the feeling if you scored in the 97th minute to win the league title after only 4 minutes were added on. It adds to the drama imo.

Hardly insulting comments. A slightly aggressive (for this read: exasperated) post maybe, but they weren't really insulting.

As for the bolded bit, I fear you are going to be sorely disappointed ;)

Exasperated? He posted on here twice and I replied to his post and he is exasperated by me? I don't believe I posted on any other thing he said on any other thread so for him to be exasperated after one post doesn't show much ability to deal with a discussion of differing opinions to me.

I was a little annoyed and would have been more annoyed if it was a league decider but don't want it taken out as it happens in reality. However it is just as likely to go in your favour. Imagine the feeling if you scored in the 97th minute to win the league title after only 4 minutes were added on. It adds to the drama imo.

Okay, I was annoyed that it happened to me and I wanted it tweaked to fix it happening as you and others have mentioned it does happen in your games as well. I continued to play, I didn't restart the save or anything. I accepted it happened continued the save and moved on. I just wanted for future FM's to have this problem (at least I believe it is one even if its minor) to be tweaked to not cause my team to get into a bad rut by having this extra, extra + time situation.

Okay, I was annoyed that it happened to me and I wanted it tweaked to fix it happening as you and others have mentioned it does happen in your games as well. I continued to play, I didn't restart the save or anything. I accepted it happened continued the save and moved on. I just wanted for future FM's to have this problem (at least I believe it is one even if its minor) to be tweaked to not cause my team to get into a bad rut by having this extra, extra + time situation.

On the other hand what happens if it causes your team who is in a relegation battle, struggling for points, has low morale to scramble a winning goal in that time. It can work both ways.

Right and if this happens to your favorite team IRL and it affects your season as your team could have a bad reaction to the loss or tie when the game should have finished, wouldn't you be calling for the officials head?

No.

THE MATCH FINISHES WHEN THE REFEREE DECIDES TIME IS UP

And for you to say stop and start sports and time sports aren't comparable, I say expand your comfort zone and watch. MLB has a time limit rule on how much time a pitcher can wait in between pitches, how much time a batter can wait so on and so forth. Yes football is a faster sport than baseball, but if you don't watch Baseball how can you say they aren't comparable. Baseball is not Cricket.

Are you really this thick?

The end of a football match is decided by time, just like American Football or Ice Hockey.

In Baseball the match ends after a fixed number of innings NOT AFTER a fixed period of time - Just like Cricket!

I watch baseball. Its nothing like football. There are no comparisons to draw on this matter. There is no discretion on the time limits in baseball, whereas the time a game of football ends is, wait for it, at the discretion of the referee.

No.

THE MATCH FINISHES WHEN THE REFEREE DECIDES TIME IS UP

Are you really this thick?

The end of a football match is decided by time, just like American Football or Ice Hockey.

In Baseball the match ends after a fixed number of innings NOT AFTER a fixed period of time - Just like Cricket!

Thank you for calling me thick I really appreciate your frankness:rolleyes:, I wasnt arguing your "ref calls the game line". I have not once said the match doesnt end when the referee decides time is up. Never once have I said that. I said if it happens to your team would you be angry and you said "no". Fine that is great you are one of the few people who won't get angry if your team gets screwed.

In American football at the college level you play till you win, its a style much like a shoot out. In pro American football the game can end in a tie yes. I played at the university level, Im quite aware of the rules thank you.

Cricket games can go on for days and days. Baseball goes until one team takes the lead and the other team fails to take it back. Played that at the collegete level as well.

Listen Im not arguing your stance on this, Im just trying to say that officials make mistakes, officials do things the way they want to do it. Baseball umpires have strike zones that don't match at all, one calls high strikes and one calls low. Im sure the UK football refs are exactly the same in how they call games. I hear Howard Webb's name thrown around all the time on this site.

Is it impossible for you to see that I felt there was a huge mistake in my game that has hurt my seasons chances?

Archived