Where the hell did my game go?

I've just tried to play Football Manager and my saved games are not in sight. I go to games, and the file is empty.

The last two things I did on my Laptop was Maintain the Computer (with McAfee, get's rid of junk) and change all audio files to have iTunes as it's default player.

All I can think of is that McAfee must have wiped out my FM saves. Thing is, it didn't wipe out my Flight Simulator and Knights of the old republic saves.

Any help would be appreciated.

I spent alot of time on my old game and I was getting abit bored anyway so I don't have MAJOR issues starting a new game if need be.

I've just tried to play Football Manager and my saved games are not in sight. I go to games, and the file is empty.

The last two things I did on my Laptop was Maintain the Computer (with McAfee, get's rid of junk) and change all audio files to have iTunes as it's default player.

All I can think of is that McAfee must have wiped out my FM saves. Thing is, it didn't wipe out my Flight Simulator and Knights of the old republic saves.

Any help would be appreciated.

I spent alot of time on my old game and I was getting abit bored anyway so I don't have MAJOR issues starting a new game if need be.

Have you checked the correct folder?

my document , sports interactive, football manager 2008, Games

If the saves are there, then you just need to make sure when you ask the game to load a save it is looking in the right area.

If they are not there, then McAfee would only move them into quarantine if it thought they contained a threat. You last scan log should tell you that. I would be very surprised if they did have a threat, but you never know.

It is worth checking that the files have not been hidden for some bizarre reason, when you are in the games directory, under the tools, folder options there is a view tab, make sure "show hidden files and folders" is ticked. If they are hidden then you need to right click on them to change their properties.

I run I tunes on my PC, and it did not change the file association for my saves, so I don't think that is the problem.

Use the search function to search for any files with the same name as your save or have the same extension as the save games.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much.

I did a search and found my game.

For the last hour and a half I've been playing with a lower league Brazilian side (Parana) but it's not as fun as playing with my usual Arsenal.

Thanks. It seems as if the game mysteriously switched places.

Archived