Why do Manchester United do so poorly?

Why is it that Manchester United do so poorly in this game with Alex Ferguson?

He has great stats and decent players at his disposal, not to mention a decent enough transfer kitty to purchase some quality players.

Every game I play they end up finishing about 7th in the 2nd season. Or around there.

However, I started a game with them, bought sergio aguero, won the league and then left. Tony Mowbray took over after and he was able to keep United at the forefront of English Football for years to come.

So why are they so poor?

In the game he stayed for two seasons. In the first season United finished 6th and did not win anything. The 2nd season they won both the Europa League and Premier League so he left on a high. Ancelotti has been the manager since and has won a League and Cup double and 3 Champions Leagues. So they are doing quite well.

I think debt is the main problem. They don't seem to replace their best players. In my save (I'm up to 2019-20 season) the financial problems are an ongoing theme.

But whenever I play as them I seem to get a decent enough transfer budget despite the debt... Even if I don't win EVERYTHING

I'd say the lack of creative talent in the midfield. Scholes and Giggs don't perform like they do in real life, while Nani and Valencia get few appearances or play poorly. They also waste money on the fullbacks and left wingers, instead of getting an attacking midfielder. While they remain a strong team, even capable of winning the ECC, their squad lacks depth to win the EPL.

I am in 2026 and although they have only won the league 4 times they have only dropped out of the top 4 once and then they finished 5th. Although on most games they do usually end up being pretty poor after a few seasons.

i started a save with man united i decided to leave them in 2013 for new challenge figuring with the squad ive left them with they would do really good with the world class talent on offer not to mention have them in great financial situation leaving new manager with £80 million transfer budget they ended up finishing in 7th spot with josep guardiola managing them

they may have debt but in my game they made a load of crap signings. in fist season they bought de ceglie for 12 million and shawcross for the same - they never even played shawcross!! finished 6th or 7th though and i'm a liverpool fan so i dont complain

They were there or about top 4 to 6 every season. But depended heavily on Rooney. After he retired, Man Utd is no more. There were never able to make good signings and never had decent youth to supplement them. Their managers changed so often could be another reason.

However, Liverpool became a totally dominant force. They managed to get this young star who turned out to be a wonderkid. Scores goals like crazy and is more than enough to propel Liverpool to glory for many a seasons.

Archived