Reinvigorating your journeyman saved game

I'm in 2015 with AC Milan, and have just won the Champions League for the first time, having won the league for the last five years in a row, and having been beaten only once twice in any competition in the last two seasons. I'm at the point where I feel there's no challenge in winning anymore, so I should probably be looking at moving to a smaller club to build them up.

However, I've put so much effort into recruiting youth players and staff, as well as training, that I'm loathed to leave and start from scratch again. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's ever felt like this about their club! The team I have is still relatively young, so I don't even have to "rebuild the team" a la Alex Ferguson for at least a few seasons yet. With that in mind - also remembering that I don't want to start a new save - does anyone have any tips for keeping the game interesting once you've reached all of your targets?

There are many ways to do this

Proove your self in another league and country, manage a national team if your not all ready.

Look for a big team thats struggling or that has not won anything for awhile and bring back their former glories.

If your using 1 tactic try making a new one with a differant playing style.

Sell your players over a certain age and focus on the youngsters. Trying to get as many itialians in your team as you can.

What I do is resign and go work in another country.

Yeah, I've been thinking of doing that. It's just that when I think of leaving everything I've put so much effort into, like my youth system, it makes me want to stay. But the game is verging on boring right now because I've been so dominant.

Yeah, I've been thinking of doing that. It's just that when I think of leaving everything I've put so much effort into, like my youth system, it makes me want to stay. But the game is verging on boring right now because I've been so dominant.

It's a bit annoying at first, but once you see the next manager using your team and just keep on winning everything, thát is also very satisfactory. (I mean, team is so good even AI managers can't lose with them :))

It's a bit annoying at first, but once you see the next manager using your team and just keep on winning everything, thát is also very satisfactory. (I mean, team is so good even AI managers can't lose with them :))

I don't know; I've seen AI managers completely ruin many, many teams! ;)

Look for a big team thats struggling or that has not won anything for awhile and bring back their former glories.

I was looking at taking over PSV, who finished 7th in the league last season. I must admit I've always wanted to manage in Holland, and bring through great youth players before selling them on.

I Also get bored with long running games where i end up mostly dominating Domestically and continentally, So in my current game I am playing with 2 games,

Tottenham, with whom i nearly have my ultimate team, which has an average age of 26 so now because i dpnt feel i can improve on my 1st team i am using my Transfer funds on 16 year old youth players which keeps me interested by helping develop the youngsters

And Hyde United who i am Bringing up from the Blue Square North who i currently have in the coca cola league 2.

if i'm honest it's probably the most enjoyable save i've had since i started playing italia 94 haha

I Also get bored with long running games where i end up mostly dominating Domestically and continentally, So in my current game I am playing with 2 games,

Tottenham, with whom i nearly have my ultimate team, which has an average age of 26 so now because i dpnt feel i can improve on my 1st team i am using my Transfer funds on 16 year old youth players which keeps me interested by helping develop the youngsters

And Hyde United who i am Bringing up from the Blue Square North who i currently have in the coca cola league 2.

if i'm honest it's probably the most enjoyable save i've had since i started playing italia 94 haha

Personally I'd rather just be running one club. I'm becoming resigned to the fact that I'll have to leave Milan, because I've got no interest in continuing to play when I've achieved what I wanted to.

Well you could always take over your youth team and develop your next generation and start integrating them into your 1st team squad, Short of that, it's always pretty satisfying to bring a team upthrough the leagues, i am sure your reputation would help you in this cause too!

I was in a similar situation with my game.. Took my home team Chesterfield from League 2 to Premier Champs and got a bit bored after a few seasons at the top.

Decided I would leave and try and win the league in all the 6 countries I have loaded, also the World Cup and Euros... meant I have changed clubs a few times and managed 3 different national teams so far and really got me back into the game.

I plan to try and go back to Chesterfield after all the above and try to win the CL as I didn't the first time!

Worked for me anyway!

On my game I started unemployed then went to De Graafschap, won the eredivses a few times then went to Spurs. I had a very similar situation in that I became dominant a got a bit bored. I resigned, remaining a legend at the club, and went to Palermo who had just been taken over by a tycoon. Won the Serie A, but during my second season I started to miss my Spurs squad. Low and behold my successor had them way down in fifth and they sacked him. They offered me the job back and I headed back to Spurs at which point they announced a stadium named after me. Awesome.

• 4 weeks later...

I played for a few nights with PSV, but had a yearning to go back to my Milan side. So I gave in...and now I'm back at the San Siro. Interestingly, I played a couple of games there and had very average performances, so perhaps a few challenges will present themselves.

I just wish the AI managers would get their act together and build better squads.

What I like doing is waiting for a big job to come available in the same league, then taking that and seeing if I'm good enough to break the dominance that I started..

I like this idea, even if it would be cool to manage in a different league. That's assuming I can ever tear myself away from Milan. :D

I was dominating completely with my Newcastle save. I was bored, but my training and youth setups were the best in the world... so I enforced a transfer embargo on myself. I am no longer allowed to sign players. The only players I can use now either come through the club's own academy, or were signed prior to this self imposed limitation. As older squad players retire, youth players who may not have had a look in previously are getting games, and my interest is reinvigorated. I'm only a couple of years into the great experiment, but have already sold a few senior squad members as is the way of things. Got a couple of decent prospects coming through the academy and I look forward to seeing them progress.

Archived