PDA

View Full Version : My 1000 Laptop has BROKE!!!

lewcal
21-07-2010, 15:50
:(:mad::(:mad:
There is a problem with the screen connecting to the laptop!!!
I can't play FM!!!

oranjeman
21-07-2010, 15:56
unfortunate..
hope you had a warranty?

StevoRobbo
21-07-2010, 15:57
:(:mad::(:mad:
There is a problem with the screen connecting to the laptop!!!
I can't play FM!!!

I understand your frustration but why are you telling us? Take it to be fixed

DJJOEYT
21-07-2010, 15:58
Whats the exact problem .. i could help

lewcal
21-07-2010, 15:59
unfortunate..
hope you had a warranty?

Nope my warranty expired.

lewcal
21-07-2010, 15:59
I understand your frustration but why are you telling us? Take it to be fixed
I don't know any where local to take it to.

Braenn
21-07-2010, 16:05
How old is the laptop?

lewcal
21-07-2010, 16:07
How old is the laptop?
Just over a year and a half.

Braenn
21-07-2010, 16:12
As long as they can't prove that it was your fault you should still be covered under the Sale of Goods Act. Your guideline is how long would a person reasonably expect said product to last? People don't fork out 1000 on a laptop every year.

Go to the shop, preferably with proof of purchase, and ask to speak to the manager. Don't let him throw the warranty at you, tell him that your rights are protected under the Sale of Goods Act. If he tries to fob you off to the manufacturer remind him that it is the retailer's responsibility to ensure that a good is of a sufficient quality and durability. Ask him for a repair and he should give it to you. Store Managers hate nothing more than a customer with a grievance and a knowledge of their rights :P

lewcal
21-07-2010, 16:16
As long as they can't prove that it was your fault you should still be covered under the Sale of Goods Act. Your guideline is how long would a person reasonably expect said product to last? People don't fork out 1000 on a laptop every year.

Go to the shop, preferably with proof of purchase, and ask to speak to the manager. Don't let him throw the warranty at you, tell him that your rights are protected under the Sale of Goods Act. If he tries to fob you off to the manufacturer remind him that it is the retailer's responsibility to ensure that a good is of a sufficient quality and durability. Ask him for a repair and he should give it to you. Store Managers hate nothing more than a customer with a grievance and a knowledge of their rights :P

Thanks for the advice.

DivineOne
21-07-2010, 16:17
Just over a year and a half.

Don't you have a 2 year minimum warranty for these things?

StevoRobbo
21-07-2010, 16:25

Exactly this. Well said :thup: