Fans unhappy with the signing of Frank Ribery.

As many people may know, Ribery is consider to be a very great player. He is especially a good plaer to have on the game. I have had him before for my team and he has done extremely well.

As Man City, I have just managed to sign him on free transfer, which most teams would conisder a bargain. Despite the fact of his reputation and the fact I got him for nothing, before the season has even started and before he has even played a single game, the fans are unhappy with me signing hiim. Bit odd.

Well, Ribery natural postition on the game is left attacking midfielder, and players I had in that position before were Adam Johnson and Martin Petrov. When I signed Ribery, I sold Petrov, to which the fans have said they feel it was the right choice to let him leave, so they couldnt have loved him that much. As for Adam Johnson, I still plan to use him but I would consider him to be the fans favourite player.

Except that she wasn't actually underage. For prostitution she was, but not for sex.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the guy, but lets not accuse people of things more sinister...

Did you not see my (allegedly). Maybe I should have added a ;) to make it clear it was a bit of humour.

Yeah I saw it, and realise it is an attempt at humour. But things snowball and someone is bound to read it as Ribery is a kiddy fidler. Just like to make things clear ;)

Either way he cheated on his wife so he's scum ;):D

As has already been said here, he most likely had a reputation as a troublemaker / unprofessional / disruptive influence. While of course he (and Benzema for that matter) are innocent until proven guilty, it all ties in with the fact that they have been formally charged.

Link to report in The Guardian newspaper

As an aside, Manchester Utd were interested in both of these players not so long ago and while other reasons (expense, finance etc) were touted as being why their interest cooled, I can't help but think that Sir Alex probably had suspicions of what their off-field behaviour might involve and concluded they weren't appropriate for his club.

Archived