Team Talk: Relex Result Will Come

Have I completely misunderstood this?

I thought it told my players that they should calm down and relax because I think we will get a result this game. I used it in games I expect to win and high pressure situations such as weaker sides in hostile grounds and the opening game of the season.

Reading the FM-Britain guide it seems this actually means don't worry if you lose today!!! Results will come. The worst thing to say in games I should win.

I use it when I noticed a lot of nervousness the previous game but mostly individual 'No pressure!'.

I expect a win against smaller sides but also demand a performance from my captain and vice-captain as well as any other determined players.

I use it only against the extremely strong or extremely weak teams, that I expected to lose or win with a big margin.

For strong opponents, it won't help to win the game but helps players not to get upset too much.

Against weak teams on the other hand, it works wonders for me. e.g. When I say "I expect a win", I usually win by 2 or 3 goals tops. But When I say "Relax!" they go crazy and win it like by 6,7 goals.

Archived