Rediculous Transfer fees

it seems every time i try to buy a high reputation player the transfer fee is unbelieveably high but other teams get offers accepted for 1/2 or even 1/3 of the price i get forced to pay. Once i was Real Madrid and tried to sign a regen CB from Juventus, they wouldn't accept any offers until about £50mil then when i offered a contract Barca had a £19mil accepted and he signed for them. It seems pretty unrealistic that a team would make another pay so much for a player but then let another team pay so little in comparison.

one time i was going to bid for a player valued at £8m but my scout report said his club would probably want £15m so i thought okay... but then CSKA Moskow put a bid of £13m so i decided to bid £16m (£1m for 30 appearences) and they negotiated for £32m!

the next day i saw a very smug moscow manager welcoming him to the club :(

i dont think i have payed more then £20 milj for a player on my Roma save, and i have only bought 4 players for more then 5milj i think over 6 sessions....you need to be a bit sneaky, vulture the free transfer market or unsettle your targets, you should probebly also be more patient with your current squads, I always get a feel some ppl will sell players for no reason and then buy players that would not improve ther current squad much, you should also consider the importance of squad depth, having a well ballanced 25-30 man squad with decent players where most could start on regular basis is often better then having the best possible XI you can get

taking all these things in mind i have built up a worldclass squad and are now the 3rd richest club after barca & real, closing in on both of those with fast steps

The game seems to work in a way that only non-negotiable offers produce the best deal.

When you make a negotiable offer, they seem to reply with huge amounts.

I think the transfer negotiations need to be looked at extensively for FM11 actually. The AI is often very illogical in making deals. For Eg, if the acceptable offer was say $20m, and you offer $15m, they might reply with $40m. And then if you go $17m, they then often go like $50m instead of coming down. I would understand it if the club really doesn't want to sell the player. But if you make a non-negotiable offer of $20m or $21m, they will accept it. Kind of dumb really.

I tried to buy Messi from Barcelona, and offered £85m, they came back with a price of £167m. That is crazy money, if I am honest, I dont think they wanted to sell him. No way was I going to pay that, even if I had the money.

I tried to buy Messi from Barcelona, and offered £85m, they came back with a price of £167m. That is crazy money, if I am honest, I dont think they wanted to sell him. No way was I going to pay that, even if I had the money.

You could probably get him for £120m in my opinion.

That is them saying 'We're not selling, but just how much are you planning to offer us?'

If you put £120 - £130m in a non-negotiable deal, I'm confident they would accept it. :)

The game seems to work in a way that only non-negotiable offers produce the best deal.

When you make a negotiable offer, they seem to reply with huge amounts.

I think the transfer negotiations need to be looked at extensively for FM11 actually. The AI is often very illogical in making deals. For Eg, if the acceptable offer was say $20m, and you offer $15m, they might reply with $40m. And then if you go $17m, they then often go like $50m instead of coming down. I would understand it if the club really doesn't want to sell the player. But if you make a non-negotiable offer of $20m or $21m, they will accept it. Kind of dumb really.

In past FMs, I would've agreed, but in '10 I've found that the negotiations seem to work quite well. I've had a fair few cases where me and an AI club have done some proper haggling, with the buyer slowly raising their offer and the seller lowering their demands. It's not perfect, sure, but for the most part, it seems OK to me.

Oh, and another thing that is very annoying is AI teams constantly trying to loan another AI team's player and getting rejected. When they get rejected once, you'd think they will change the offer or stop trying, but no, they just keep on spamming it with the same offer.

Archived