25th season (year 2034)

Hey. I've been wondering if there's anybody out there who has been playing the same "game" continually.

I'm currently on my 25th season (year 2034). I've managed man utd from day one.

Obviously, there's no "real players" anymore. Only Regens. In fact a lot of regens have retired too, after all, I'm on my 25th season.

I gotta say the Regens system works really well in Fm2010. The game doesn't run out of players and there's even wonderkids and all.

I think the last "real" player to retire was Sergio Asenjo. He retired at age 40.

So, I've won the premiership 19 times in a row, got second the year after that and then went on to win 4 in a row (maybe going to 19 again?)

I've won the european champions cup several times. I just surpassed my record of 3 ecc in a row by winning 4 in a row. hopefully i'll win this year too

-I'm obviously one of the legends of the club.

-A few years back the club built a new stadium called Lima Arena (my name in the game is Bernardo Lima) which I thought was absolutely badass.

Aguero, who's now one of my assistant managers (the other one is iker casillas) was the best "real" player of the game. He would score between 35 and 45 goals per season. He was just incredible. And then, just one year before I relegated him to the reserve squad (because he was too old), I bought this 19 year old russian guy, Stanislav Shakarov (cool name uh? ). Shakarov is without a question the best player in the game and he's better then aguero also. I think his average is 42 goals per season or something with his record being 51. Just to give you an idea of how good he is, he won (among other awards obviously) the world player of the year 11 times in a row. Last year he got second, he's now 32 and in two years I won't use him anymore but he sure was the best player I have ever had. He's also the captain of man utd and Russia. Another great player I had was Yassine Gonçalves, a french DR. Bought him when he was 20 years old. He was already a wonderkid by that time. Just fantastic player.

It's also cool when you buy someone who's not a wonderkid but then becomes one. To give you an example, I bought this 18 year old brazilian center midfield called Ronan. He looked very promising. At age 19, he became a wonderkid. At age 21 he was already a world class midfield playmaker. Well, regens are never described as worldclass, only "worldwide" but it's the same thing. This does not mean that every wonderkid will become a worldwide player. Shakarov, Yassine and Ronan did but I bought a lot of wonderkids who went on to be "continental" players. They're pretty good but the players who become "worldwide" are really the best players of the game.

There has been two take overs at man utd. The first time it happened I was a bit scared because the new president wanted an italian manager but he then said he would let me stay because I had brought great success to the club and was a fan favorite.

Who has became staff? Many players: casillas, aguero,rooney,ferdinand,balotelli,garath bale, tevez, owen just to name a few.

One of the downsides of playing so many seasons is that some data gets corrupted, for instance, when I check the history of some players to see their previous teams and how many goals they scored in previous seasons and so forth...the data is ****ed up, at least in some cases, and sometimes I'd like to see those stats. But other then that, it's all good.

There's probably a lot of cool stuff I could talk about but I don't remember anything else. If you wanna ask something, go ahead.

Anyway, anyone else out who has played as much or even more then I have? I'd love to hear some stories.

Credit to you for playing that many seasons. I played FM09 till 2030 with 3 different teams. Each to their own and all that but don't you get bored playing the same team? 19 straight titles is amazing but don't you want a challenge out of the game?

2043/44 and counting for me, though there have been a few different clubs, and there were enough times when I wasn't playing or doing other things that I'm a littl disappointed not to be 5-10 years further along. I have settled down into sticking at as save now after by earlier FM years, however with 07 stopped after data issues after 30 seasons, 08 never getting off the ground, and massive playing gaps meaning that only a lot of summer play took 09 to anything near the final date of 2033, means this is my first real opportunity to see how far I can go.

I do my own World League with my owe divisions and was Barnet in the bottom league, won every league until I got to the Premiership and came fourth, now onto my 12 league the fixtures have buggered up (They didn't give me any) and now I have to start all again, which I'm gutted about.

Im currently on 28 Apr 2019 in my LLM game, with Degerfors in Superettan (Swedish league 2). 36 leagues loaded. Been managing this club and Älgarna so far...

EDIT: A quick note on the regen/newgen system. Its improved alot compared too Fm2008/2009 but Messi for example has won the World Fotballer award 8 times in a row before a killer newgen (from Sunderland :) ) pushed him back to 2nd place. I've spotted that the AI "prefers" the real players (who are starting to get old) because they are more developed i guess. Most newgens always have some very low attribute relevant to their position.

Credit to you for playing that many seasons. I played FM09 till 2030 with 3 different teams. Each to their own and all that but don't you get bored playing the same team? 19 straight titles is amazing but don't you want a challenge out of the game?

I definitely understand what you're saying but since I started playing fm , I've always managed just one team. I like it that way. I like to build a team and see it evolve.

It's really gratifying too see players that I bought when they were 15/16 and now they're 25 and they're awesome.

"I'm on 2024-2025, I've got a regen that's listed as "World-class striker" So regens can get that label. "

Really? that's cool. I still think it's sort of a bug. You might have a different version of the game, I don't know. Because in my game there's not one world class player in the entire world. Only worldwide. and there are very few worldwide. Aside from my players, I think there's only one, a goalkeeper playing for arsenal.

There's probably around 8 worldwide players in the entire game.

Not heard about data loss before, does this always happen and is it serious?

I remember it occuring in previous football manager games so yeah, it happens a lot. It's not that serious. But i'm talking about "in-game" data. because let me warn you, if you're talking about data in general as in saved games, they get corrupted constantly.

I happened to me so many times it's not even funny. Now i'm really carefull. Every time I save the game, I save 3 different files so that if one gets corrupted I still got the other two and I also do back ups from time to time.

I'm in 2033 in mine. I'll admit I didn't play all of it, I downloaded a game in 2020, and played from there. As far as my record as a boss goes, I took a middling Liverpool team to become dominant, winning the league in each of my 8 years, and most other competitions most years. While also managing England for 6 of those years, winning the EURO's and the World Cup, before losing in the final of the 2nd Euro's I was in. I'm now Spurs, took them over halfway through a season, took them from 18th to 9th, then the next 2 seasons I won the league, and won a few other comps. I'm prouder of the Spurs one, as I'm doing it with mostly English players, and as Spurs, my old Liverpool still pose a serious threat, and Man City have finally come good.

Had some world class players in my time. An American called Nathan Vasquez. He's approaching 200 caps, and he's got almost as many goals. He's about 35, and is Liverpools all time top scorer and appearance leader I think, with over 500 goals in all competitions, since he joined Liverpool under my management about 12-13 years ago. I've had other truely quality players, but he takes all the accolades.

I haven't technically had a stadium named after me, but Liverpool built one 2-3 years after I left, and named it after their current manager, saying he was their greatest ever manager. I wasn't having that, as if they wanted to name it after their greatest ever manager, that was unquestionably me. So I changed it in FMRTE.

Aguero was awesome on mine too. Was banging in the goals till about 36!

I've had quite a few former players on my staff. Torres, Shelvey, Rooney, N'gog, Fabregas, etc.

I'm in 2033 in mine. I'll admit I didn't play all of it, I downloaded a game in 2020, and played from there. As far as my record as a boss goes, I took a middling Liverpool team to become dominant, winning the league in each of my 8 years, and most other competitions most years. While also managing England for 6 of those years, winning the EURO's and the World Cup, before losing in the final of the 2nd Euro's I was in. I'm now Spurs, took them over halfway through a season, took them from 18th to 9th, then the next 2 seasons I won the league, and won a few other comps. I'm prouder of the Spurs one, as I'm doing it with mostly English players, and as Spurs, my old Liverpool still pose a serious threat, and Man City have finally come good.

Had some world class players in my time. An American called Nathan Vasquez. He's approaching 200 caps, and he's got almost as many goals. He's about 35, and is Liverpools all time top scorer and appearance leader I think, with over 500 goals in all competitions, since he joined Liverpool under my management about 12-13 years ago. I've had other truely quality players, but he takes all the accolades.

I haven't technically had a stadium named after me, but Liverpool built one 2-3 years after I left, and named it after their current manager, saying he was their greatest ever manager. I wasn't having that, as if they wanted to name it after their greatest ever manager, that was unquestionably me. So I changed it in FMRTE.

Aguero was awesome on mine too. Was banging in the goals till about 36!

I've had quite a few former players on my staff. Torres, Shelvey, Rooney, N'gog, Fabregas, etc.

Aguero is just a beast of a player. No doubt about that. But you should see Shakarov. :)

Wow, a guy with 200 caps? that is unbelievable. The most I've seen was 150 or something, I think it was casillas.

Here are some of my players:

Timo Kunze Awesome DL. Previously a wonderkid.

Gustavo Valenzuela Defensive Midfielder. I know he has a poor average rating but that's because of the tactic I use. He's great.

Ronan The guy I talked about.

And poor Sakharov. He's getting old. His attributes use to be a lot better. the physical ones have decreased dramatically and some of the technical as well.

Aguero is just a beast of a player. No doubt about that. But you should see Shakarov. :)

Wow, a guy with 200 caps? that is unbelievable. The most I've seen was 150 or something, I think it was casillas.

He's been in the national team since he was about 17. So he's had nearly 20 years of playing for them.

Just a quick update. I just finished another season. I won the premier league and the league cup but I was defeated in quarter finals of the ecc which ****ed me off to no end after winning it 4 times in a row.

What ****ed me off even more was the fact that some of the data is now not only corrupted but faked. For instance, I have this amazing striker called Tomis Dimitriou and he score 30 goals or so this season. He even was the premier league top goalscorer (24 goals). However when I check his past stats, it says that he played 30 games and scored one goal !! And I don't know if it's coincidental or not but he just went from worldwide to continental.

This data getting corrupted thing should have been solved years ago. I mean, how hard can it be? it's just text and numbers.

This data getting corrupted thing should have been solved years ago. I mean, how hard can it be? it's just text and numbers.

Chances are there is something that has caused it as the data doesn't just become corrupt after a certain amount of time. I'm in 2065 with no issues with corrupt data.

Chances are there is something that has caused it as the data doesn't just become corrupt after a certain amount of time. I'm in 2065 with no issues with corrupt data.

Really? that's very interesting but honestly I can't see what may be causing this. I already had this kind of problem in previous fm's and I use to play on a pc. Now I play on a mac so.... and I don't have anti- virus btw. If you have any idea what's causing this or how to avoid it, do tell me. :)

Really? that's very interesting but honestly I can't see what may be causing this. I already had this kind of problem in previous fm's and I use to play on a pc. Now I play on a mac so.... and I don't have anti- virus btw. If you have any idea what's causing this or how to avoid it, do tell me. :)

I've no idea, the tech support forum would be the place to ask though.

Im in December 2039. 4th club (Zaragoza, Juventus, Crystal Palace and currently Messina). About 10 CL titles so far. Also half dozen of International teams and couple WC and EC titles there. Looking for new club as we speak.

Make sure as little as possible is running at the same time as FM is the only real thing. I have played the series since CM2 Italia and have rarely had problems, even on long-term saves. But I've never played it on a mac.

ok, but what I'm saying is , it happened a lot when I had a pc and apparently still happens now that I have a mac, which leads me to believe that it's just a flaw/bug of the game and not something caused by an external factor ( anti virus or multiple programs running).

Also, I usually run fm alone. Fm and firefox at best.

ok, but what I'm saying is , it happened a lot when I had a pc and apparently still happens now that I have a mac, which leads me to believe that it's just a flaw/bug of the game and not something caused by an external factor ( anti virus or multiple programs running).

I have suffered in the past from data corruption, but the route of the problem was found and fixed for that particular version.

Like I said, I'm in 2065 with no corruption of data so it is certainly not something that will always happen on every game.

I've been playing the same save since the game came out, but I'm still only in 2024. England are in a pretty shocking state at the moment, Rooney was still our best player at the age of 33. Keeper situation hasn't improved during the game either. In fact, the England team of 2024 is what they should look like when the game starts in terms of ability: good enough to be a top 10 country, not good enough to win anything.

I have suffered in the past from data corruption, but the route of the problem was found and fixed for that particular version.

Like I said, I'm in 2065 with no corruption of data so it is certainly not something that will always happen on every game.

But are we talking about the same kind of data? I'm talking about the "history" section in the profile of players. Do you have absolutely no problems with that? if so, you're lucky! I wish i hadn't this problem. it's a bit annoying.

But are we talking about the same kind of data? I'm talking about the "history" section in the profile of players. Do you have absolutely no problems with that? if so, you're lucky! I wish i hadn't this problem. it's a bit annoying.

Yes, the histories of the players in my game are fine.

Have you used any kind of system cleaning software or anything that might have accessed the temporary files while FM was open?

2 questions

1. how do you maintain the interest level in a game that long... for example you say you won the league 19 times... what was there left to accomplish?

2. how did you get 2 assistant managers (Aguero and Casillas?)

2 questions

1. how do you maintain the interest level in a game that long... for example you say you won the league 19 times... what was there left to accomplish?

2. how did you get 2 assistant managers (Aguero and Casillas?)

Regarding the first question....I've always been this way. I always manage just one team. As I said before, I love to see the players evolve and then getting older and then I have to find replacements and stuff like that. As far as maintaining the interest, I think a lot has to do with what I just said but I also love the challenge of keep winning things, breaking records, see how long I can keep having success. For instance lately my goal was to win 4 ecc in a row ( I had won 3 in a row previously) and I accomplished it. In fact, the next year I won again.

This year I was defeated in the quarter finals so now , one of my goals is to win the ecc 5 times in a row, that kind of thing plus building a team, buying players and developing young talent really keeps you going. One thing I do not have patience for is the fa cup and the league cup. I usually don't play those games. Aside from that, I love all the competitions.

The second question is a very good question. When Aguero retired, I really wanted to hire him as an assistant manager because he was an incredibly player that brought great success to the club. But, I already had an assistant manager (it wasn't casillas) so the board wouldn't allow me to hire another. Aguero remained unemployed for like 3 years. I ended up firing the assistant manager I had at the time and hiring casillas. Now, what's cool about casillas is the fact that he's suited for two staff roles, assistant manager and coach. He accepts to be both. So what I did was, I offered him a new contract as a coach and then hired aguero as an assistant manager. Then I offered a new contract to casillas again, this time as an assistant manager. Since he was already working for the club, there was nothing the board could do and now I have two assistant managers. Thankfully , and I say thankfully because even thought aguero's role is assistant manager his atributes aren't so great, Casilllas is the one who handles press conferences. So, essentially casillas is the "main" assistant manager.

1. on your data issue, how many leagues/countries are you playing with and how many players have you got on your database?

2. who are your main rivals at the top of the premier league in 2034?

3. have any AI controlled clubs risen through the leagues or collapsed and gone the other way?

i managed weymouth until 2024, taking them from BSS to the premier league. certainly it was reaching the premier that ruined it for me, for whatever reason that division just bores me. i didnt have any data issues, i was running england, italy and spain. rushden and luton were both championship clubs when i quit the game and bolton were a bottom half league 2 side

From time to time I still play a Porto save from Championship Manager 03/04, when it was a lot simpler and easier than the current FM titles.

I created an Italian striker to lead the line in the editor who started out as an 17 year old and he is still playing at a ripe old age of 38, so the league is 21 years old - 2024/2025. I gave him fair stats, but not incredible stats and he has become Portos all time leading goal scorer.

I've had some great players at Porto - Becks, Ronaldo (the fat one), Aaron Lennon (on loan for a season), Evandro Roncatto (immense striker, scores for fun -still playing at 37), Ederson (probably best player in the game) among others. I also signed a player called Ramesh Cale who played for Academica, I'm not sure if he was a real player of a regen, but it took me five seasons to get him and when I did - alongside Roncatto he became a phenomenol goalscorer and lead me to three Champions League truimphs in a row.

I've won the league every season, which may sound boring but it's really not. Some of my league triumphs have gone right down to the wire. In fact one season I had to beat Leira in my final game to leapfrog them. I've had some easy seasons too though where I've won the league with about 5-8 games to go.

As you can imagine most of the players in my squad now in 2024 are regens but I've managed to pick out some great players.

I've won the Champions League 3 or 4 times, the Portuguese cup about 8 or 9 times and I've got a couple of UEFA cup wins in the cabinet too.

Only in the year 2022. Started out of a job and has gradually gone from one of the worst clubs in Norway, visited some smaller clubs in England, won the FA Cup with Swansea and finished fourth in the Premier League, got the offer from Real Madrid. I won anything for three years before I now have ended up at Manchester United.Har aims to win it all in England, the Netherlands, Italy, Germany and France before you win the game.

But, I saw that you mentioned that you had two assistant managers, how is it possible to get it??

I'm in 2018/19 season and I've managed clubs like no tomorrow:

2009/10 - hereford United (took over in Feb and saved them from relegation)

2010/11 - Brentford (Lasted just two days after a disappointing 0-0 draw with Macclesfield got me sacked)

2010/11, 2011/12, 2012/13 - Ayr United (Won back to back promotions to the SPL)

2012/13 - hearts (took over when they were 6th and finished 1 point behind Celtic)

2014-2017 - Croatia (Got them to World Number 1 and Semis of Euro 2016)

2017/18 - Sparta Rotterdam (Played 6 games, lost 6 games)

2017/18, 2018/19 - Fulham (promoted from the Championship and currently 11th in the prem)

My Club Loyalty stat is 8 Pffffft.

1. on your data issue, how many leagues/countries are you playing with and how many players have you got on your database?

2. who are your main rivals at the top of the premier league in 2034?

3. have any AI controlled clubs risen through the leagues or collapsed and gone the other way?

i managed weymouth until 2024, taking them from BSS to the premier league. certainly it was reaching the premier that ruined it for me, for whatever reason that division just bores me. i didnt have any data issues, i was running england, italy and spain. rushden and luton were both championship clubs when i quit the game and bolton were a bottom half league 2 side

1- I'm only playing 1 league/country ( England) and the database is large if I'm not mistaken.

2- Last year, sunderland was runner up and stoke got third place. Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool have not been doing great for a long, long time. They usually end in middle of the table, however, the hardest games are always the ones against arsenal, chelsea and liverpool no matter now poor they're doing.

3- not really, one club that's doing terrible though is everton. 19th in the coca cola league at this very moment.

Only in the year 2022. Started out of a job and has gradually gone from one of the worst clubs in Norway, visited some smaller clubs in England, won the FA Cup with Swansea and finished fourth in the Premier League, got the offer from Real Madrid. I won anything for three years before I now have ended up at Manchester United.Har aims to win it all in England, the Netherlands, Italy, Germany and France before you win the game.

But, I saw that you mentioned that you had two assistant managers, how is it possible to get it??

I had already explained but here it goes again : When Aguero retired, I really wanted to hire him as an assistant manager because he was an incredibly player that brought great success to the club. But, I already had an assistant manager (it wasn't casillas) so the board wouldn't allow me to hire another. Aguero remained unemployed for like 3 years. I ended up firing the assistant manager I had at the time and hiring casillas as my new assistant manager. Now, what's cool about casillas is the fact that he's suited for two staff roles, assistant manager and coach. He accepts to be both. So what I did was, I offered him a new contract as a coach and then hired aguero as an assistant manager. Then I offered a new contract to casillas again, this time as an assistant manager. Since he was already working for the club, there was nothing the board could do and now I have two assistant managers. Thankfully , and I say thankfully because even thought aguero's role is assistant manager his atributes aren't so great, Casilllas is the one who handles press conferences. So, essentially casillas is the "main" assistant manager.

Aguero

Casillas

Assistant manager with Tactical Knowledge of 3, Man Management and Motivation of 9? He should be a coach and nothing more.

Do know how big is the impact that assistant managers have on the game? Minimal. Less then minimal, almost non-existant. I think it's much cooler to have casillas as an assistant manager then some unknown guy with great atributes. Plus, the only thing I need from Casillas is for him to answer the press questions like I would if I attended and he usually does.

And some of my players have him as a favorite which is cool.

Well I suppose that depends on whether you actually use them or not. I like my asst manager to actually assist, especially as I play the game using my ingame staff for knowledge,

rather than using what I know IRL...

The assistance provided by assistant managers during the games is terrible. I would never rely on that but to each his own I guess.

Archived